Fixing an Eagle Mishap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing an Eagle Mishap

After Staining I was using a Brush to remove Stain in the Grooves and a Wing Snapped off . It was to thin to Glue back on and to much work put into it to throw away , so came up with this idea . The Bird is finished but the back is still in the rough stage . It will look better on this Back than in the Trash . The Mind is still out on how I will complete the Back . Merle 1-IMG_0004.JPG 2-IMG_0005.JPG 3-IMG_0001.JPG 4-IMG_0002.JPG 5-IMG_0003.JPG

Dang it! that is too bad! I know you will make it beautiful!

Comment

Hi Sappy , I cut it to thin without realizing , I think by putting on the Stain it made the would soft and that added to the Mishap . Made me do some Thinking to save it . I think it will turn out OK , and again it's only a piece of Wood . Thanks for your Interest . Merle

Comment

"Just a piece of wood" It is so much more than that. It is almost like saying your girls are just another person. I believe that there is a little part of our soul that goes into each carving we do. I'll get down from my soap box now
        . . .JoeB

Comment

A fellow told me once , any carpenter can make a mistake, but it takes a craftsman to be able to repair it...... same holds true for carvers and artists . Merle, I'd say you were master carver
          Wayne
          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi Joe , you right but thinking it's just a Piece of Wood helps to Ease the Stress when you have a Problem Carving . Maybe that little Mishap will add a different Dimension to it and make it better . Hope so . Thanks Buddy . Merle

Comment

Hi Wayne , Like making a Purse out of a Sows Ear . Ha,Ha. Thanks Wayne your so Kind . Merle

Comment

That would look good Merle. Have you considered puting it in a frame? A few yeaws back I did a walnut walking stick and carved a munk type head on the top. But there was a flaw in the stick I did not see untill it was carved. I cut the carving off the the top and put it in a frame.
                IMG_2101 (3).jpg
                We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Hi Randy , I have made Frames in the Past and in no way looked like yours , not my Strong Point . I'm thinking on making the Perimeter Dark and would give the same affect as a Frame , I hope . That is a Beautiful Job you did on that Piece . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                    Hi Randy , I have made Frames in the Past and in no way looked like yours , not my Strong Point . I'm thinking on making the Perimeter Dark and would give the same affect as a Frame , I hope . That is a Beautiful Job you did on that Piece . Merle
                    I can’t take credit for the frame Merle, I got it at a craft store my wife shops at. My frame making stills are poor at best.
                    We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Your Wife did good, cause everything goes together Great . That is Definitely a Piece of Art . Our Frame Skills are the same , something to be Desired . Merle

Comment

Such a shame you can’t glue it back on. I hope you had a good scream at least. I know I would!
                        My Website: www.carvingjunkies.com
                        Instagram
                        : https://www.instagram.com/carvingjunkies/
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carvingjunkies/

Comment

I like the way you deal with the breaking of of the wing.
                          It's a creative way.
                          But what about using a more natural Background.
                          Maybe a set of mountains. I'm not sure if it works or if it will fit.
                          Just an Idea.
                          If you don't like to call me wasserretter call me Dirk

Comment

Hi J.G. , when I told my Wife she said (I'll bet you Swore ) , and I said nope , I said ( Well I'll Be Darned ) . Ha,Ha. It was to Thin to be Glued , and besides when it hit the Floor it ended up in 3 small Pieces . Thanks for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Hi Wasserretter , thanks for your Suggestion and Commenting . I'm going with a Plain Background feel;ling it will Enhance the Eagle and not take away . I hope to finish it today and move on to something else . Thanks again for your Interest . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X