No announcement yet.

Starting a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a lucky guy having a supportive wife.

Think your work will be great.
    If you don't like to call me wasserretter call me Dirk

Comment

She’s got arms sort of?
      74DE86CB-A0B2-4707-9D7C-853DE8D2C430.jpeg 8E49D259-23FB-4395-BFC8-06DC5C5C8439.jpeg

Comment

Nice ED, that you post the images as you work up to the "finale." Never disappointing...
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Form and proportions are really good Ed. I still have problems the flow of body form. Always seems to come out deformed. That’s why I do toppers.
          We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
          https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Form and proportions are really good Ed. I still have problems the flow of body form. Always seems to come out deformed. That’s why I do toppers.
            Lots of twists and turns in this one but, knock on wood so far so good.

Comment

Damm impressive Ed, That is what I have to say about your statue. Randy∙∙∙∙Looking at this carving, what toppers are you talking about
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                Damm impressive Ed, That is what I have to say about your statue. Randy∙∙∙∙Looking at this carving, what toppers are you talking about
                Thanks Joe

Comment

a very interesting subject, well done

Comment

Hi Ed
                    Off to a good start buddy will enjoy watching the project unfold.

Comment

Nice flow Ed. She is shaping up nicely. The rib cage area is looking very good. Great work!
                      Anders.
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackBladesNW

Comment

As I follow your project, Ed, I think to myself, "Gee, I've never carved a female nude!" Then I dig through the memories and, yes there was one - a Scout neckerchief slide- 1" x 3" - her body discreetly hidden when placed on a neckerchief:

Nude.jpg
                        Last edited by pallin; 07-19-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

The transparency sheets keep me on course and access to 24 photos of the pose from different angles is a huge help.

https://www.posespace.com/

809BAE95-D1AE-40A7-B431-DB693E22E38E.jpeg

Comment

[QUOTE=pallin;n1201923]As I follow your project, Ed, I think to myself, "Gee, I've never carved a female nude!" Then I dig through the memories and, yes there was one - a Scout neckerchief slide- 1" x 3" - her body discreetly hidden when placed on a neckerchief:

Pallin,

Found myself wonder if this made you popular with your fellow scouts? I’m sure it was at least a conversation starter.

My second carving was a nude then I hadn’t done one for awhile until the two commissioned pieces last year. I have to admit I enjoy carving the female form.

My first nude carving, my wife named her Windy. Based on a drawing done by a friend in high school.
                            0B4F9FD1-3FF8-42D1-99F4-33DDC91CA766.jpeg
                            Last edited by Nebraska; 07-20-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Haha - My adult son asked to borrow the neckerchief slides to show to scouts & parents of his troop. He tactfully removed this one from the collection when he showed them. I don't think I ever wore it at a Scout event.

Comment

Working...
                              X