Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sappy
    replied
    Great luck on "carving a new nitch for yourself", you'll have some nice memory carvings to fill it!

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    Great carvings and what a way to remember a vacation! Good job!

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark N. Akers View Post
    Jersey girl great carvings,I'm going to keep that location for my trip up the east coast.
    You have to reserve the small ferry (unless you bring bicycles). It takes about 45 minutes (20 minute ride). Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Soggy Must be gorgeous where are are too. I’m already house hunting!
    I live about 200 miles south east of Swans Island, ..... across the Bay of Fundy over in Nova Scotia, Canada. We have lots of the same white sandy beaches that you show in your picture

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Hi Jersey girl,
    Always nice to take a memory or thought and fix it forever in a piece of wood. Nice one !!!! Have to agree with the others lovely place you have there.
    Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 09-20-2021, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied
    Jersey girl great carvings,I'm going to keep that location for my trip up the east coast.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by pallin View Post
    Maine can be very inspiring for carving and other activities. My wife & I spent weeks kayaking along the Maine Island Trail. After some time at Stonington on Deer Isle, I carved this "memento" of our experience there:

014.JPG
    Beautiful, Phil! I’ve got a ways to go to get that good.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Great relief carving, Phil. Only thing missing are fly rods...

Claude

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied
    Maine can be very inspiring for carving and other activities. My wife & I spent weeks kayaking along the Maine Island Trail. After some time at Stonington on Deer Isle, I carved this "memento" of our experience there:

014.JPG

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Claude View Post
    Nice work, Dana - looks like it kept you busy up there..."carving busy" is still relaxing!

Claude
    Absolutely and thanks, Claude! I had no plans to carve (if I didn’t want to) but the wood/ideas just presented themselves. Pus there are no restaurants or shopping on the island so I had some time at night to be creative.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Nice work, Dana - looks like it kept you busy up there..."carving busy" is still relaxing!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks fr the repost, I was trying to get the background as a part of the carving, like I said~old eyes. Good luck with the house hunting.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Soggy Must be gorgeous where are are too. I’m already house hunting!

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    Thanks Merle Rice!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Dana , you really make your Knife do the Talking for you . Those Carvings will Definitely hold Memories for you . Good Work . Merle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X