WCI Project #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curly Early View Post
    Those Santa’s are really nice and I really like them. I have a question, is the beard painted white first, then the brownish color or brown first? Would you share what color is the brown or do you mix your own color? Earl
    Curly, anymore on painting my carvings i give the entire carving a coat of deliuted Raw Sienna first and on my Santa's that is the flesh and beard base.And on the beard i use a small round semi-stiff bristle brush and dry brush the white on, make sure you sneak up on the white, dab the brush in white and wipe most of it of with a paper towel.Hope that helps.
    Mark N. Akers
    My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Such nice work... with the Akers touch!! ...and ya gotta love "SantyClaws" anyway, at least I do.
      I am curious about the leatherwork behind... (Just got interested in some leatherwork)
      would you mind to show it in a picture? :l)

Comment

Originally posted by MDWine View Post
        Such nice work... with the Akers touch!! ...and ya gotta love "SantyClaws" anyway, at least I do.
        I am curious about the leatherwork behind... (Just got interested in some leatherwork)
        would you mind to show it in a picture? :l)
        MDWine, here are a couple pictures,I have a Dale Kirkpatrick tool box and I had a local Leathersmith make me the cover.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        Mark N. Akers
        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Wow... That's really nice!! There's a bit of work and lots of craftsmanship in that... what an excellent addition to the tool box!
          Thanks for posting that. Inspiring!

Comment

wow that is a very neat toolbox and the cover is beautiful.

Comment

Oh wow. what an amazing carving and that paint job too!!!

Comment

Working...
              X