Just Carving #14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Carving #14

Pam asked me the other day why I didn't carve women? Well, I told her that there weren't any images of woman characters. After getting the fish-eye, I thought I had better get some done.

4" x 5" x 1" basswood, backgrounded, acrylic paints, antiqued, and a coat of Feed-N-Was. So what new it a girl . I want to give credit to Reghna Catherine for the image on Pinterest.

As usual, C&C encouraged
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    . . .JoeB

Hi Joe looking good mate . Think maybe the left eye needs a be rounded up a little to ballance with the other one.

Comment

Ya, I noticed that but was unable to remedy it. Sometimes when I have the pattern drawn on the wood, it looks fine, maybe I had better start taking a picture to look at before cutting. I got my order of Sparpie S∙GEL 0.38mm pens today, which might help when drawing on the wood. Also got some lacquer coming to see if that helps to transfer the pattern to the wood. Good eye (yours), always appreciate any comments, was hoping to try and seek this through
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Great job Joe. She is just raising an eye brow as she looks at all of us looking at her.
        We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
        https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

An attractive lady, Joe. I have been told not to carve eye brows on women just paint them Painted brows give her a more feminine look
          Herb

Comment

Hi Joe , Very Well Done . Your showing the Different Levels Nicely wih your Detailing . Merle

Comment

Again, thank you all!

Randy, thanks for the cover-up, but no I blew it.
              Herb, I'll certainly keep that in mind, I guess thinking about it, women's eyebrows are almost neat and trim, just Us guys get the craggy-looking brows.

Merle, just trying to keep with this crowd
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Very nice style Joe, and excellent work. Lots of detail and expression.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Thanks, Bill for the comment and looking at the old gal, Pam asked me if I was going to wire her up (hanging wire) so I guess it made it with approvals
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe
                    Spotted a good hint for patterns on the forum so tried it. Once laid down I sprayed it pretty heavily with hair spray and it sort of fixes the pattern and helps prevent it getting rubbed off.

Sounds like quality control is on the job. A pass is good !!

Comment

Glenn, was the image that you laid down and sprayed, a copy of the original image facing up, or did you make a reverse image and place it face down on the wood to transfer the image to the wood?
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

I do it the old fashioned way and put graphite paper under the picture and tape the picture to the wood. Now that it is fixed in position I trace over the picture and the pattern is transfered to the surface.

I leave the picture taped on one side so I can flick it back over the work to re do a line if I have to.

Was a method I used for engraving silver for the rifles. I sprayed the silver with wattle etch primer so there was something for the graphite to stick to to stick to. Found carbon paper worked beter for engraving.

Comment

She looks like she just fell in love!

Comment

Working...
                          X