Table scraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table scraps

Well finally got to fire up the new saw. Made lite work of 6” cuts.

Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Nebraska
    AKA Ed
    Last edited by Nebraska; 01-13-2022, 12:44 PM.

Glad your having fun with your new saw. I got all the tools out of storage, ....got proxxon long neck angle grinder moving with the two inch chain saw..., after twenty minutes and she popped sparks, and then caught on fire. Grab the cord and she went flying out of the shop into the rain. Poop happens...woke me up for sure!!! One thing I hate about old tools is you never know how long it takes before they blow, between the humidity, salt air, age, and dust it is hard on the power tools....LOL Which reminds me I need to replace my fire extinguishers soon.
    DiLeon
    Senior Member Hawaii
    Last edited by DiLeon; 01-13-2022, 01:29 PM.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiLeon View Post
      Glad your having fun with your new saw. I got all the tools out of storage, ....got proxxon rotary tool moving with a baby chain saw..., after twenty minutes and she popped sparks, and then caught on fire. Grab the cord and she went flying out of the shop into the rain. Poop happens...woke me up for sure!!! One thing I hate about old tools is you never know how long it takes before they blow, between the humidity, salt air, age, and dust it is hard on the power tools....LOL Which reminds me I need to replace my fire extinguishers soon.
      I can imagine your environment does play hell with your tools. Very pleased with the saw but not surprised. I’m a little surprised by one thing it has a built in tension gauge and surprised by how little tension it requires.

Uncharacteristically dry here this year drove to Omaha yesterday so dry you could smell the dust in the air.

Comment

Hi Di, sounds like you never have a Dull Moment . Thanks for the Smile . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
          Hi Di, sounds like you never have a Dull Moment . Thanks for the Smile . Merle
          yea,,, dull part is a new one cost 140 dollars not bad since the prices seem to be in the same range.. and the King Author one is 300 dollars they sure raised their prices. One thing I do not like about the proxxon items is they seem to heat up more than my liking... this one heated up and a poof goner while I mutter a few choices bad words. Not I need one, could use big boys...just like that two-inch size. One thing I need really think about .... big tools can mean ER. right now not a good idea our hospitals are almost full with the raging pandemic outside and about 1400 short of doctors and nurses...I can not get any boo-boos they will let me bleed to death in the triage tent outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraska View Post

I got a size bigger Rikon professional about five years ago....love it. The only thing I hate about it was the darn wheel band replacement took three people to get those darn bands on....it was not fun. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraska View Post

ED, that pile lQQks like my shop, Glad you got your new saw. I have a box just to the back of the saw, so I can "can" the 'scraps' for later use. As I do real small things too. ~(8=)
              Chuck
              Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Glad your having fun with your new saw. I got all the tools out of storage, ....got proxxon long neck angle grinder moving with the two inch chain saw..., after twenty minutes and she popped sparks, and then caught on fire. Grab the cord and she went flying out of the shop into the rain. Poop happens...woke me up for sure!!! One thing I hate about old tools is you never know how long it takes before they blow, between the humidity, salt air, age, and dust it is hard on the power tools....LOL Which reminds me I need to replace my fire extinguishers soon.
                Di, Glad you were fastssstttss. Sometimes ya have to be. Now you can be better off with a new tool anyway, Be happy.

Hut-oh story time, Gramps and Gson were in the garage were cleaning an old Electric Chainsaw( me and him) he says gramps ya think the WD will burn , I says" yeah but were not going ta start it right now," Ehehe . we cleaned and sharpened the chain checked it all out and went out side. He says' ya think it's ready yet?" , Me OH yeah, he plugs it in and the dangest thing happened and didn't even touch the switch, FIRE and out the garage we went. It first, Hmmnnn? New saw here. So there ya are. Stay well all.
                Chuck
                Chuck
                Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Looks like you new saw likes the work. looking forward to seeing the cut outs take shape.
                  We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                  https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Sorry about the tool but glad you are well. I agree its abad time to go to an ER.
                    We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Dang Ed! I thought you were going to talk about food and I got all excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
                        Dang Ed! I thought you were going to talk about food and I got all excited!
                        final_print_2564309_bestosouthsoulbbq0104_0-2000.jpg

Yes of course....how about the BBQ.... the best kinds of food...these table scraps will make your mouth water.....LOL

Comment

Hi Ed
                          Glad the saw is rocking like it should. Lots of re- useable bits!!! Best of luck with it.

Hi Di

Yes of course....how about the BBQ.... the best kinds of food...these table scraps will make your mouth water.....LOL [/QUOTE]

Not fair Di that barby looks just wonderful he said as he threw his frozen plastic wrap, chicken ding in the microwave.

Chicken ding for the uninitiated is processed stuff posing as food that you put in the microwave and when it goes ding if your deperate enough you take it out and eat it. It kind of falls in the chicken flavoured tofu paste basket by comparrison.
                          Glenn Jennings
                          Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 01-15-2022, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Glenn, I never heard of chickendings​​​​​​, glad that we are a 'way behind'. My chicken walk outside and gives me eggs

Comment

Working...
                            X