Strepthedron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back.....
    Didn't know if i should continue this thread or start a new one.
    When i finished the first strepthedron in basswood i knew i wanted to make a larger one in something nicer. I had a chunk of Black Cherry from a tree we took down a year ago.

The wife and i spent 6 weeks in north carolina watching our new grand daughter, i needed something to do (other than watch the baby) so i threw my block and my knives in the car. I used the same pattern but some careless roughing resulted in the tube diameter being smaller that intended. My wife says it let more light through (and she's always right).

thanks for taking a look.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi,Grandpajim, That is Simply Amazing. Everything is so Symmetrical . Unbelievable and Very well done. Merle

Comment

Yes, well done! It reminds me of Bjarne Jespersen's work. I bought his book, but realized that I haven't the patience for it. A big one like this looks approachable to me. First, I have to get the seat of my truck upholstered and back in the truck. Then there is a SawStop Job Site Saw I need to sell. Then I can get to my carving tools again. I don't have a lot of work space, sad to say.

Comment

I hadn't seen Bjarne's book, thanks for the heads up. Now I'll need to find a copy, still have some big blocks of cherry that need attention. I was an electrical engineer for yrs, his patterns remind me of lissajous figures we could get on an oscilloscope, except in 3d.

thanks for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by grandpajim View Post
            I hadn't seen Bjarne's book, thanks for the heads up. Now I'll need to find a copy, still have some big blocks of cherry that need attention. I was an electrical engineer for yrs, his patterns remind me of lissajous figures we could get on an oscilloscope, except in 3d.

thanks for the feedback
            I'm never going to use his book. I'll send it to you for book postage, if you like, after seeing the crazy stuff he does.

Comment

steven;

thanks for the offer, unfortunately I had already ordered the book when I read your reply.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X