Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some carving projects from Ukraine

Hi everyone!

My name is Serhii. I live in Kyiv, Ukraine. Let me share with you my first three projects (from left to right). I've never tried carving until this month, but now I'm super excited about this new hobby.

The fox was carved with a utility knife from a block of pine. Santa and gnome are from basswood and made using BeaverCraft knives.

I'll be glad to hear feedback from the community!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Welcome to the forum. Very nice first project.

Comment

Welcome! Very nice.

BobL

Comment

You did a very fine job! and welcome to the forum.
        Herb

Comment

Welcome to the forum and a nice beginning trio. I have a few BeaverCraft knives which I use and like...especially the draw knife.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Serhii, those are absolutly awesome for first projects, the carving and painting is point on, very nice.
            Mark N. Akers
            My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Hi, Serhii, hard to believe they are your First carvings because they are done so well . Welcome and Hope you stay around and Enjoy this Great Hobby with us . Merle

Comment

Those are great Serhii, You are going to have a lot of fun with your carving. I also have some of the Beaver Craft knives, and they have some great steel in them. Be safe.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

I'm sure that I speak for the majority of my fellow carvers on this forum when I say you have our respect, admiration and support. Very nice carving!

Comment

Serhii, it good to have another good carver join us, since these were your first, can't wait to watch your progression.

You might want to start signing & dateing your carvings now so you can look back at how you have grpogessed.
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Great job Serhii. Looks like you have a knack for carving. Keep it up, it's addicting.
                      Anders.
                      ‚Äčhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackBladesNW

Comment

Great star, Serhii! You obviously have a talent for carving. Keep posting your work so we can enjoy your progress.
                        Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
                          I'm sure that I speak for the majority of my fellow carvers on this forum when I say you have our respect, admiration and support. Very nice carving!
                          absolutely, Eddy !!
                          and a very warm welcome to the forum, Serhii - we hope to see more of your work.
                          Retired Dimensional Graphics Artist (a/k/a Sign Carver)

Comment

Oh boy, I didn't expect so much feedback on my modest carvings! Thank you for so many warm words. I sincerely appreciate that.

I'll definitely share with you my following projects. Thank you all again. I'm glad to join this friendly community!

Comment

Wonderful carvings, even more so as first tries!! I too look forward to seeing more of your work.

Comment

Working...
                              X