The Watcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Watcher

I carved this guy over the weekend. When he was done, I wasn’t sure if he was a wizard or a gnome. Ever have moments like that? You just carve to carve and then wait to see what you have when you’re done. Well once he was done I still wasn’t sure. But he looks like he’s keeping a close eye on things, at least as close as possible for a man with no visible eyes

Anyway, he isn’t a wizard. He isn’t a gnome. He’s a “watcher”, whatever that means! I hope you enjoy! E5320B8A-ED53-4D80-B5B9-60E4BD4D9259.jpg 3EBA2038-A85A-46D4-817F-DEB461DC7951.jpg 9DE4F9A6-509C-4B57-9F86-C4904137416D.jpg
    Attached Files

Nice little carving, he has been watching for awhile if his hair length is any indication.

Comment

Looks like he is also a good listener. Like the mustache
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Cute little guy.

Comment

Whatever he's watching he's a cute little guy.
          Joe

Comment

Nice looking carving and generates a lot of interest. What type of finish?
            Bill
            Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Might be related to the "Watchmen" of the First Nations, here on the coast of the Pacific Northwest. They are elected by their clans and tribes to watch over the natural world. Never obvious but they are watching.
              Very 'clean' carving with crisp, bold lines. Suitable finish, too.
              Brian T

Comment

Whatever he is, well done
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi, Newsome, No Seeum, No Name, doesn't matter , Nice Job. Merle

Comment

You have to watch out for those watchers.

Comment

Good work, you did a bang up job on the hair!
                      Herb

Comment

Wonderfull little guy!! Love the hair and beard!

Comment

Well dome. Nice carving
                          We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                          https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Reminded me of the "Watch Bird" from the 1940s (I know, I'm old!)..."The Watch Bird is watching you!" Does anyone else remember that?
                            Arthur

Comment

Interesting figure. I can't think of a carving I've done not knowing where I was going with it. I have made adaptations or modifications along the way at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X