For a special person to Pam & I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a special person to Pam & I

Pam & I go to the doctor's office; we've never been pleased with the Doctor, but he had a nurse practitioner work for him that kept us coming back. A while back had to see her and low and below She had left his practice. She had a FB account and I started sending her messages, and finally, she answered. She had started her own practice and opened an office but told us she didn't want us coming to the office, it was located on the second floor and she didn't want me having to climb the stairs, so she made a house call on my birthday, brought 3 cupcakes, and checked Pam & out. When was the last time you had a doctor make a house call?

I asked her what the charge was for the house call, and she said don't worry about it???????
    I showed her some of the carvings I had laying around and she pick out and said even..........

Well, I took a picture of her and made this carving:
    7-3/4 x 6-1/2 x 1" basswood. My two-part backgrounding. acrylic paints, antiqued, & a coat of Feed-N-Wax.

As usual, C&Cs are looking forward to
    Attached Files
    . . .JoeB

Cute story and carving well done Joe.

Comment

Nice story, Joe...looks like your NP is a winner. I have no doubt she will treasure your carving...it's a good one!
      Arthur

Comment

Cute story and great carving as always!

Comment

What a thoughtful gift! Very well done!

Comment

A wonderful gift for a wonderful person Joe, You guys are lucky to have her!
            Herb

Comment

Hi, Joe, House Call, hard to believe. Good Job on the Carving, she will love it. Merle

Comment

She sounds like a very nice person, both professionally and personally. I'm sure that she will love it and your simple act may well pave the way for others to experience the same from her.

Comment

Yes indeed. What a wonderful story. I was a kid the last time a doctor came to our house. Around 1957. I remember the penicillin shot very well. The whole house was sick.

Rob

Comment

That is a great story, nice to hear people still know how to be there for others. Good on all of you!

Comment

Reading your story made me 'goosepimpels/shiver'... good thing happens, and still there are good persons ...

Comment

Thank you ALL​​​​​​. Melanie is indeed a special kind of person that you don't come across much anymore. Pam said, "you're certainly taking a long time on this carving", my remark "She takes her time with us"

Again thank you all for your kind remarks!
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Well done Joe. Great gift for a nice lady!
                          We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                          https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Hi Joe
                            What a wonderful person!!!!! I really like the piece you did for her. One good turn deserves another!! Nice one mate.

Comment

Randy and Glenn, thanks guys
                              . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                              X