Fall Cane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Cane

Don't seem to have much time for carving lately, but I did finish this cane for the mother in law of my neighbor's son. she's from the dry area of Texas and likes our northern fall colors so I carved this "Fall Cane" with oak leaves and acorns and a sort-of wild berry vine. They plan on giving it to her for Christmas so she can get rid of her generic cane. Overall lenght is 36" but ther is no carving or burnings below this view.

Al

Re: Fall Cane

Nuthin' like oak leafs and acorns for bringing a piece of wood to life and I'm sure that it'll go a long way in keeping the peace with in-laws. Nice cane!
    Dave Brock

Comment

Neat looking cane Al. Well done. I like the subtle colors on the leaves and berries. Did you use watercolors or acrylics for the painting?

Reg

Comment

It looks great Al. Tn~

Comment

Thanks, guys, and Reg, the colors are acrylic washes thinned way down. I have used water colors on these canes and they work every bit as well. I just had a bunch of wash colors already mixed in film containers so used them.

By the way if you can get those plastic film containers, they make really nice "bottles" for keeping those washes stored.

Al

Comment

Beautiful! She will be proud to use this cane I'm sure! wow..

Comment

Great stick Al, looks like ya got a really super finish on it as well, sure is nice and smooth lookin.
              Cliff

Comment

Beautiful work! That's one pretty cane!

Comment

Al, What a beautiful choice on the stick. Too often we see straight, non-moving sticks for cane work. This one is a treat in it's twists and turns. The carving and coloring work is a perfect touch.

Susan
                  Lora

Art Designs Studio: https://www.artdesignsstudio.com/
                  LSIrish.com: https://www.lsirish.com/
                  CarvingPatterns.com: https://www.carvingpatterns.com/

Comment

Have to agree with Susan - great choice of wood, excellent work.
                    Fred

Comment

Al those are very pleasing colors to look at and a vert neat cane! Someone will be very happy with it..Charlotte

Comment

great work AL thanks for posting .

HOBO

Comment

Working...
                        X