Farmyard for Grandaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmyard for Grandaughter

OK, here's more of my "non-carving". this is a farmyard toy for Christmas for my grandaughter.

Sorry for the quality of the pics...kinda in a hurry when I took them
    Maybe I can get some better and replace them later.

Al

Re: Farmyard for Grandaughter

I am so impressed! That is a little dream come true play set. How is the little boat floating in the pond? It has a shadow under it. The pond is my favorite part.
    Wonderful tree too.
    Thor
    Steve

Comment

The "pond" is a plexiglass sheet spaced over the pond's bottom by the rim and supported in the middle by the little "island". 3/4" standard stock for the rim. The bottom is luan ply. Three fish and a small turtle under the surface, that are free to be moved around.

Glad you like it...hope Fiona does. This was another fun one, but time consuming...I ain't a fast worker and I ain't a slow worker...I'm a "half-fast" worker!

Al

Comment

Al, Great fun makin those barns and toys. I'll give you a little hint! The next thing your grand daughter will want (based my my experiences) is some fencing. That's a great lookin toy set Al. Maybe too nice! Next Christmas you'll be makin more of them for sure. Tom H
        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

ahh may i be your grand daugther ? this is exactely like i imagined my little sticks, when playing in the mud, being animals on a farm. so cute. really love it. and i am sure your grand daugther will too. lovely gift.

Comment

Al... Your a true grand dad!

Comment

Love those little animals... my kind of project. Great job!
              Dave Brock

Comment

Al .. What a wonderful heirloom for a child .. When I saw it .. it brought me back to my dad... who when we were small .. made all of our toys out of wood ..

I still have a old shrimp boat he made me as a child .. it is a treasure for me now ..

Besides being a great looking barnyard and beautifully done .. your granddaughter now has a piece of history to remind her as she gets older of what it was like long ago ...

Wonderful Job Al ..

What a keepsake for life ..

Gene

Comment

If I was you, I wouldn't worry about it being "non-carving" - you did a great job of creating a wooden present for your granddaughter that she'll treasure for years. "It don't get any better than that"

Claude
                  My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                  My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                  My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                  My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Great job Al. She's going to be one happy little girl!

Bob
                    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

How sweet! Little Fiona is so lucky to have you as a grandfather. There's no doubt she will cherish that for the rest of her life! You did a wonderful job on it.

Comment

great job al,

nice to have an imagination,,, many hours of playtime in that set,

if earth magnet is inset into the bottom of the boat, and epoxied in place hidden to make it safe, and a hidden brad in fish and turtle, they will appear to move or follow boat, when the toddler runs the boat over them, adding to the magic

me and the 3 year old grandson will be making something along the lines like that soon,
                        hes a builder, liking my scrap box in the shop as his most favorite toy, making houses with the blocks and leftover slats, of course sawdust dirt hes 3 going on 15

Comment

Al, this is beautiful! So much better than all the plastic toys from who knows where. She will be thrilled.
                          Fred

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words....I've been taken away from carving (but not wood working) making toys for Fiona for the last year. She's too little yet to give carved figures to so I'll have to wait a year or so for that. In the meantime I'll be the toy elf!

I forgot, here's the tractor and hay wagon for the farm.

Comment

al,

i am sure your grandaughter will love the farmyard, and even more playing with grandpa, great peice that will around for many years.

bart

Comment

Working...
                              X