Green Heron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Heron

Hello once again everyone, I have started on my new project which is a green heron. It is about 3/4 life size, which is 11.0" long. I haven't figured how the base is going to look yet. The wood I am using is tupelo, in which in this case is very hard and heavier than what I am used to. Here are some pictures of my progress so far. Bird carver

Re: Green Heron

I can't wait to see this one come to life, looking good so far. Skip

Comment

Wow, that looks like quite the job. Is there any chance you could post pictures in progress? I would love to see how it develops. I am just a wanna be power carver. The only carvings I have done were with conventional hand tools. I do have a big block of tupelo in the shop. I want to do a life size Magpie.
      Thanks for showing,
      Bob
      Anthony
      Corryton, TN

Comment

Hey Bob, no problem! I take pictures all the time of each process. I will update my pictures as I go. My website is updated with each process also. Bird carver

Comment

Now why didn't I think of that. Web Page, it is a nice one too.
          Thanks,
          Bob
          Anthony
          Corryton, TN

Comment

Look's like you are off to a good start BirdCarver... I have Green Herrin in my pond they sure can swallow a large fish..Haven't seen much of them lately.. I will also enjoy seeing your work in progress..Charlotte

Comment

Working...
            X