X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santagibbs
    replied
    Re: Very First Carving...ever!

Ken you should be very proud of that one.. Be careful though .. I can just hear the voices saying... Oh, Ken make me one.. make me one , make me one ..You are on your way now.. Charlotte

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    replied

Your first carving is better than mine was..... great job!

Leave a comment:

• tnartist05
    replied

WOW!! Ken, that such a neat little santa plus your painting is just right! Good work!!! Tn~

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

Ken that is fabulous for your first carving you should be really proud of it. It reminds me of the cartoon the grandchildren used to watch every Christmas with Burl Ives with the reindeer. That looks a lot like that santa.
    Again great job
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• Dusty
    replied

Always hang on to that first carving! Lets you know where you came from. Great job! Dusty

Leave a comment:

• chpster90bu
    replied

Nice job on that lil' Santa, Kenny! You'll be addicted to this hobby now. Hang 'em up and get ready for the 2nd one! Bonnie

Leave a comment:

• gene-messer
    replied

Ken .. The first is always the best one .. thats the ones that encourage us to do more ..

You did a great job .. and should be very proud of him ..

Now your on your way to bigger and better things ..

God Bless

Gene

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Great first ornament. Like Bill, Mine are displayed all year long with the other carvings.

Yes keep it and this time next year compare that carving with your first.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Excellent! I'm with your wife. Put it on the tree and you can still put what ever follows there also!

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Good job Ken, keep up the good work!
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• knothole
    replied
    Way to go Ken..

Getting the first one done was a big deal for me but after that it seemed as if they just started to happen and the more you do the better you will become. As Shawn Cipa say`s practice, practice , practice. that is the key. Good job on your first and I`m looking forward to seeing some more in the future...Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Coffeeman
    replied

Ken,

I carved my first piece roughly six years ago, mine hangs up all year, the first one is always a keeper......Yours if very nice too, a keeper for sure, also like your paint job. Welcome to a relaxing hooby thats enjoyed by many of us here. Good luck and looking forward to seeing more carving postings down the road. Bill

Leave a comment:

• arnie
    replied

Very nice kenny, I still have my first carving its fun to look and compare it as the time slides by. Take good care of it and don't let anyone talk you out of it. arnie

Leave a comment:

• Tom-H
    replied

Ken, Very good first carving. Very good any time/number carving. And yes I can tell it was your first...Not by the carving but by the condition of your glove. No holes, slices, or blood stains... Keep up the good work. Tom H

Leave a comment:

• windsong
    replied

Ken
    That a nice one there is nothing wrong with it. You all so did a good job on the painting.I would for sure put it on the tree that way you can look at it.It will not be long till you will progess way up the tree Ha Ha .Great job.
    windsong

Leave a comment:

Working...
X