Very First Carving...ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very First Carving...ever!

Well here it is my very first ever Carving attempt. Wife has already said it has to go on the tree, (I was going to put a way and make a better one for the tree). First picture is the start and then the almost finished paint on the Santa.

Ken Girty

Re: Very First Carving...ever!

Congratulations! You have to hang your first! Then every year you can say...Wow I have progressed...It will be so special!

Comment

I think you did a very good job too! Make sure you date and sign and number them.

Comment

Yep, put it on the tree! The first one is always an important step.

Al

Comment

You are off to a great start! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Well done there Ken. You did really well with your first one.
            Patrick

Comment

Ken
              That a nice one there is nothing wrong with it. You all so did a good job on the painting.I would for sure put it on the tree that way you can look at it.It will not be long till you will progess way up the tree Ha Ha .Great job.
              windsong

Comment

Ken, Very good first carving. Very good any time/number carving. And yes I can tell it was your first...Not by the carving but by the condition of your glove. No holes, slices, or blood stains... Keep up the good work. Tom H
                http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Very nice kenny, I still have my first carving its fun to look and compare it as the time slides by. Take good care of it and don't let anyone talk you out of it. arnie

Comment

Ken,

I carved my first piece roughly six years ago, mine hangs up all year, the first one is always a keeper......Yours if very nice too, a keeper for sure, also like your paint job. Welcome to a relaxing hooby thats enjoyed by many of us here. Good luck and looking forward to seeing more carving postings down the road. Bill

Comment

Way to go Ken..

Getting the first one done was a big deal for me but after that it seemed as if they just started to happen and the more you do the better you will become. As Shawn Cipa say`s practice, practice , practice. that is the key. Good job on your first and I`m looking forward to seeing some more in the future...Bruce

Comment

Good job Ken, keep up the good work!
                        Kathy

Comment

Excellent! I'm with your wife. Put it on the tree and you can still put what ever follows there also!

Comment

Great first ornament. Like Bill, Mine are displayed all year long with the other carvings.

Yes keep it and this time next year compare that carving with your first.

Comment

Ken .. The first is always the best one .. thats the ones that encourage us to do more ..

You did a great job .. and should be very proud of him ..

Now your on your way to bigger and better things ..

God Bless

Gene

Comment

Working...
                              X