Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little guy and a Walkin stick (lets hear about it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little guy and a Walkin stick (lets hear about it)

Well gang, I finally got something to show. The little fella is with the help of one of Price's book.He's is only 2 inches tall made from basswood. The cane is for my own personal use due to hip surgery that's coming in 2 weeks. It's made from a pine ballister from a stair rail and the head then attached. Glad to hear your comments.
    Cliff

Great job on both pieces Clif..

The little fella reminds me of a little amish boy with his hair cut the way it is. And the stick is nice too, good idea reclaiming the wood the way you did. I want to wish ya the best of luck on your upcoming surgery..Bruce

Comment

Re: Little guy and a Walkin stick (lets hear about it)

Nice Pieces Cliff. Sorry to hear of your hip surgery. My father in Law is recovering from hip replacement and he is 83.

He still rides motorcycles but won't be now till middle of summer.

Comment

Mr. Cliff,thats a really neat looking cane top,the little guy,hes got a good look to him and you did a great job on his hat and clothes also! The eagle is nice too! Plus a neat idea using the stair rail for the stick part. Keep us informed about your surgery! Its no fun but Im sure it will be well worth it!

I will be thinking about you Sir, Forrest

Comment

Great work on both projects! The stick looks especially sturdy and well made so I know that it'll be helpful after hip surgery.

My mother (now 76) had full knee replacement in both knees a couple years ago and she's doing great now although she feels like her osteoarthritis is gonna soon require hip replacement. She's a real trooper so I know that when the time comes she'll do well with that too. It's amazing how they have you up and walking the very day after the surgery now-a-day's. I'd bet that you'll be carving again in no time! Best wishes.
          Dave Brock

Comment

Tucker , thats a neat "lil" man , 2 inches tall, WOW! and the cane is really great looking, both a beautiful job!

Comment

Cliff .. you did well .. both projects are winners ..

I really like that cane .. it's got a great patriotic look ..

And of course who could not love the little guys ..

great job on both ..

Gene

Comment

Nice work Cliff! I see those carvings are coming right along! Very nice! Keep them coming!
                Blake

Comment

Very good looking projects Cliff. Before your surgery rough our several projects to carve. I carved a walking stick similar to yours, only used a stair rail. I have had both hips replaced in the last year and a half. You will have a lot of sit time to carve, and a lot of physical theropy to do. I get up and move at least every hour, if only to little boys room. I feel so much better since replacement. May the good Lord bless you and watch over you, the surgon and staff.
                  Bill in Omaha

Comment

Well Cliff, I knew you had it in you all along so I was waiting to see fine carvings such as these. The little guy turned our well and super job on the topper for your cane. Just be careful taking those stairs with that new hip as they may not be a sturdy with that rung missing.Talking
                    Patrick

Comment

WOW, dang, I'm so pleased with ALL the positive feed back, thank you all so much, I'm sure you all feel the same as I do when you get such great response to your labor of love. I'm gonna get busy and pre cut some blocks before I go to hospital, that way I'll be able to sit back and carve when I get home. I sure won't be going down the basement or using the table saw for a couple days after I come home.
                      Thanks again
                      Cliff

Comment

Good work there Cliff,

Arnold

Comment

Cliff
                          Way to go the little guy looks great.I like that you took you time to but a lot of detail in such a small carving.I also like the cane i've alway like the canes with wild life heads and the egale was a good choice it make a nice top to hold on to.Great job Cliff.
                          windsong

Comment

Hi Cliff, nice work on the cane top carvings. Good thoughts for a successful surgery coming up in a few weeks.
                            Kathy

Comment

great carving cliff,

before you get your sergery go get you some basswood eggs, or order them online little shavers got them,

there great to practice faces on, there near the shape of a head already or easter eggs,,,

if you want to add a collar, dowel and a cork they make nice bottle stoppers..

email me if your hunting different projects,, i think i could find ya something if you get stuck during your recovery......

Comment

Working...
                              X