Something new, Something Different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something new, Something Different

The old folks is a piece I've been pecking away at, I've burnt the outline, don't know if I've got the nerve yet to try carving or just detail and paint it. The cane is one made of a piece that floated onto our lawn during spring floods last year. I've made it as a back up in case I need 2 for a short period when I get over this dang hip replacement that's coming up in Feb. The old couple is on a peice of a pine post that also landed on our lower lawn. You can notice other WIP's in the pic
    Cliff

Re: Something new, Something Different

Looks like you've got some good projects to work on while your recuperating from your hip surgery. Hope all goes well and your up and about in no time!

Comment

You have a nice relief carving ahead of you there Cliff. Look forward to seeing it completed. You seem to be putting out the carvings lately. Can't imagine that hip surgery slowing you down.
      Patrick

Comment

Hi Cliff, go for it, that will be a good challenge for you. Looking forward in seeing it finished. Good Luck on HIP replacement. Merle

Comment

Really good work there in progress Cliff , you have come a long way in a short time. Like your staffs too.Hope I,m talking to you again before the surgery but if not I hope all goes well.

Al

http://picasaweb.google.com/al.hillis/WOODCARVINGSMINE

Comment

Hey Patrick, did you happen to notice the little eyes on the cane, I borowed them from you,Thanks. And thanks for the kind words from all that took a moment to make a coment, I appreciate it.
            Cliff

Comment

Ya I saw those little peepers. I also see the top of another character below the eyes. I need to get back into carving staffs. It seems that there are a few of them showing up on the board laterly. Nice job on the carvings.
              Patrick

Originally posted by tucker1931
              Hey Patrick, did you happen to notice the little eyes on the cane, I borowed them from you,Thanks. And thanks for the kind words from all that took a moment to make a coment, I appreciate it.
              Cliff

Comment

Patrick, actually I have to hillbilly caricarures on there, a male and a female wood burnt, couldn't get it all in the pic.
                Cliff

Comment

Working...
                X