My first carving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first carving

Hi. I`m Bob from England. Just thought I`d post a picture of my first completed carving.
    I started attending an evening carving class at a local school in September 07 & I LOVE IT!--- wish I`d started years ago!
    Iv`e been woodturning for some time ,but I find carving even more fulfilling.
    My `FLY` walking stick handle has taken a while to finish, but I get a feeling of immense satisfaction each time I look at it.
    It`s great to see the image thats in your head emerge slowly ( very slowly in my case) from an inate piece of wood.
    My second `stick handle has taken shape much more quickly & is nearing completion. I`ve tried to combine a bit of woodturning with carving this time. I`ll keep you posted.
    Hope you like my `fly`

Re: My first carving

Bob
    you did a great job on that ....fly.....ain't never seen a fly carved ...but you did it good.
    Jim

Comment

That's pretty cool looking. How did you make the eyes, a different kind of wood?

Comment

Hi,
        Yes the eyes are inset with African Blackwood (very hard) . Thanks for the comments

Comment

B0B, that's a wonderful carving, I can tell you I'm also new to this hobby and have searched the net inside and out looking at others works, Bob, your first is superior to many that have been at it for years. Keep up the great work and PLEASE, send more pics as they become available.
          Cliff

Comment

Very unique! Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Dan

Comment

Extremely ingenious!

Comment

Hello and welcome, and yes, I like your fly very nicely carved. Looking forward to seeing your next carving.
                Kathy

Comment

Now that is a unique idea .. never seen a fly done before .. not a caricature one ..

You did great for your first attempt ..

Gene

Comment

Great imagination, I'm wondering just how you came to carve a Fly. Very well done might I add. Hard to believe it's your first carving, can't wait to see your next one. Merle

Comment

Working...
                    X