Wood spirit in birch 5th project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood spirit in birch 5th project.

I was was keeping the birch for firewood,till I started carving,I called my dad,Cliff to see if I could carve it,and he said,its wood isent it.So two weeks later and alot off late nights,I goter done,I loved doing this spirit,I dident want it to end,I kept thinking of more things I could do to it.Its a log thats 10 wide by 14,one coat of natural stain,to bring out the dark thats in the wood and 3 coats of satin.Looking for a nother hunk of wood,YHEA BABY.

Re: Wood spirit in birch 5th project.

Well SON, you got er done and it's a beauty. WOW, I can't believe you did such a FANTASTC carving for your 5th one. I wish I had started when I was your age instead of waiting till I am an old man with bad eyes. Len, I am very proud of you and that carving is as good as any I have seen on here and believe me, I've searched and searched and seen a lot of spirits, and you are right up there at the top of the list. I told ya to take yer time on this one and ya finally listened to yer old man. Don't forget I've got some logs out here if you wanna have a look at them.
    Dad
    [email protected]

Comment

Great looking piece .. your coming right along on your progress .. 5 th carving .. before you know it .. it will be your 100th . ..

Great job

Gene

Comment

Len,

I've been following your posts and you've improved with every new carving tackled, really an impressive piece for your 5th carving, keep up the good work and it sounds like you got the "carving bug" in you. Hope to meet you the next trip up I take to visit your dad. Bill

Comment

That is one pretty woodspirit! Nice work! I may have to get my brother to bring me down some white birch when he comes down to visit.

Comment

Len, very good for only a fifth project - both of you, you and your father, are making a lot of progress and seem to be really enjoying carving. Fred

Comment

Your well on your way...each carving improves on the other so your doing the right thing.
              Patrick

Comment

Working...
              X