Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

My minds eye is messing with my head I think. All my measurements tell my that my pencil marks are about right but my mind says not. I know that I have to take off more and things will look better when I do but? This is the first time I have done this (realistic), so I guess I just have to tell myself to keep going stupid it will be O K. If not I will know when I get more done. PROPORTIONS ARGGGG. Vince

Re: Help

Well I sucked it up and went a little further along it it looks a little better now.

Comment

It's coming along Northwind. Your probaby not far enough along to start getting feedback or critiques from the members. I'm always conscious that we all have different styles. If there was something specific you were challenged with, I'd be happy to provide my comments. Keep going.
      Patrick

Comment

A little further along. Might just work??? Vince

Comment

Forgot the pics.

Comment

Yes, he's taking shape nicely. I think when you put in the cheek bones and relief his grin lines his features will start to become stronger. You may wish to give the bridge of his nose a little of a bow to add some character...but it's still a fine nose. When your forming his cheek bones, you may want to consider wrapping his eyes a little more into the corner. I noticed that they go right out to the edge but there is plenty of wood from the profile to allow you to recut the eye lids. Try forming his temple area by angling down to the side of the brow. These little things were taught to me and I find it gives the face more bone structure. However....do what you are comfortable with. These little tips are food for thought....your approach is working out fine. I attached a pic from the eye tutorial I did a while back to illustrate what I meant about wrapping the eye a little more. This guy's brow is very prominent so don't incorporate that part as it wouldn't look right. Also the temple wasn't formed on this carving.
            Patrick

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will be bringing the eyes and temple back further. I`m trying to sneak up on it. You keep going till you go to far then back up a little. Ha Ha. Vince

Comment

I would make a comment but it looks great at this point just keep going.I like to seeing the progress photos as you do him.
                windsong

Comment

Vince!! Thinking this is a native American?? Hes looking better n Better! Dont stop now!!

Tn~

Comment

Working...
                  X