just finished my first larger wood spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just finished my first larger wood spirit

I pulled an old piece of oak off the wood pile and just started goofing around . I usually carve smaller stuff .But this time I didn't use any reference material just kind of off the top of my head as I progressed along.

any and all opinions welcome.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hillpicts/Carving02

Re: just finished my first larger wood spirit

I'm sorry you have to click on the link.

Comment

Stickman i must say bravo! I've been doing woodspirits for sometime now and i love 'em and i can say that your is great.
      The only thing i would change a bit is to cut the beard in a little more to make the mustash stand out more. Just my thought mind. Other than that i love it and i really like the plaque you added to it, nice touch.

Michael Gray

Comment

Graywolf, thanks for the compliments.the plaque was kind of an after thought and the quote I came across reading an old book to my son the other night.I thought it fit for a wood spirit.

I agree the mustache and beard are a little flat.Haven't got that hair thing down just yet (guess you noticed hes bald.) but I'm working on it.

thanks again for the nice words.

Comment

That is indeed a nice spirit. Love the Thoreau quote!
          Dave Brock

Comment

I've never put a plaque or sign with any of my woodspirits but after seeing yours, I'll definitely incorporate one at some point. You did a great job of the lettering as well as the carving. Thanks for letting us see your work.
            Patrick

Comment

Lightingbolt and Irishman, thanks for checking out my woodspirit and you kind words.

Comment

Working...
              X