Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad Indian

Andy ,

It is really stunning, the work you put into the beads the face the base , outstanding carving , Thank you for letting us share. I learned so much from this .

Garry

Comment

You put a lot of work into that piece Andy and it sure shows. Very, very nice. Never would have thought it would turn out so well when you showed the carving with holes all over it. Well done.
      Patrick

Comment

Beautiful Job Andy, I love the expression and the simplicity of your piece!
        GaryMc

Comment

Well Andy, your work has certainly paid off, what a fantastic piece of art you have nearly completed. I can't get over the detail and the expression, it is purely superb. Great job.
          Cliff

Comment

you did it ! wow, he turned out great. and how nicely the staining emphasis shape and mood. ah, and the base is a great idea, compliments the carving and together they tell the story even more vibrant. well done. ... and thanks so much for sharing, i learned a lot, and you gave me ideas...

Comment

Excellent, excellent work Andy. You should be extremely proud of that piece. I am really pleased the concept and vision all came together for you resulting in an inspiring piece of sculpture! Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder!
              Jim OH

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. It was fun sharing this project with you. Yes I'm proud of this carving I can't wait to put it in a competition and see how it does.
                I am about to carve something simpler a maple leaf which is a relief after such a difficult carving. The Maple leaf carving is for an owner of a store called The Maple Art Gallery. He only sells paintings but I have talked to him often over the last few years and he has talked about maybe having a showing of my work at his gallery. He is really exited about the sad Indian carving I showed him a picture and he told me to bring it in as soon as it's done. So sometime next week I'll show him.
                After the maple leaf I got to do a St. Frances for a friend of my Mother who want to put the carving outside. I guess I'll put some exterior varathane on it and hope for the best. Then I'll start another bust for competitions and it will be a Sea Captain.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X