Working while recuperating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working while recuperating

Ain't no way I can finish these guys just yet. I know they need cleaning up so please overlook that detail I just thought I'd show what I've been up to. The first four are all 3 1/2 inches and the little fella is 2 1/2. I made them up for fan pull extensions being as they are usually to dang short.
    Cliff

Re: Working while recuperating

Hey Cliff they look just great, I know they will finish up top notch. Skip

Comment

I'll have to try some of them myself - neat idea. Good to see you back carving Cliff.
      Patrick

Comment

Nice chain pulls. Just make sure your not over doing it, your health comes first. I know that I don't follow that advice myself. Been laid up with a cold so bad I can't work, darn thing has been bothering me since before Christmas. Doc has me on some serious meds, but I found myself still going to the cold basement to work on some carvings here and there. Your condition being more serious, be careful. I know that it's hard not to do the things you like when they are so close to those idle hands.

Comment

Cliff
          Your doing a great job on your carvings you are getting better and better.I like the one with the beard.How did you attach the chains?I hope your back up and moveing around soon.
          windsong

Comment

Thanks to all that have responded to my post, I really appreciate kind words (and sometimes even not so kind) it's what makes a guy strive to do better. Sure wish I had started carving many years ago. As for the chains, you can buy it by the foot, I drilled a 1/8 hole in them before I ever started carving. When yer done, a tooth pick and 5 min. epoxy and yer done. I missed this pic with the others so here it is now.
            Cliff

Comment

Cliff .. So glad your getting stronger .. I can see the illness didnt effect your eye's .. You did a good job on these fan pulls ..

For a man recovering .. you sure are getting alot done .. great job Cliff ..

Good carvings ..

Gene

Comment

Nice work. Here's to a speedy recovery!

corey

Comment

Thanks to all that had a look, it's really great to get the comments. You know, wood carving is great therapy, I've thrown my walker away and am now using a cane to get around, I'm a little shaky but I'm getting there.
                  Cliff

Comment

Your moving along really well. I'm sure the pain isn't nearly as bad as it was before, or else you wouldn't have needed the surgery. Get well soon.

Comment

Mr.Cliff,I like how good you are getting the noses out in your carvings and the carved fan pullies are just totally neat! Good work!! HEyyyyyyyy thats great you are getting around better! You are doing good work in both areas!

Forrest

Comment

Great pulls. Keep truckin'.

Comment

Nice work Cliff that is a cool idea. How is the hip coming hope your up and about exercise is the best thing for that hip
                          Colin
                          Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                          Jackson, MS

Comment

Hey Colin, I'm doin great. Two weeks after the surgerey and the walkers history, gettin around on a cane already.
                            Cliff

Comment

Hey Cliff,
                              Good to hear you are getting around a little easier. Glad to see you aren't just resting up waiting to get recovered LOL. I find its better to keep as busy as you can! Chain pulls look good! Takes me two canes to get around so don't think I'll be racing you anytime soon;O). Take care and keep making those chips fly!
                              Jim OH

Comment

Working...
                              X