Gettin ready for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin ready for Christmas

As you all know by now, I'm home recuperating from a hip replacement, not very mobile at the moment, but I did lay up some sticks to carve while I go thru this stage. Heres a few, not painted yet because paints in the basement and that's a no no. Thanks to you Tom H.
    Cliff

Re: Gettin ready for Christmas

Cliff
    Those are good looking Gnomes.I can't wait to see them after you get them painted.
    windsong

Comment

Awesome and I think you have beat the rush

Corey

Comment

Neat Cliff .. very neat .. never seen those type of guys before .. very original ..

So glad your recovering .. keep them coming ole friend ..

Gene

Comment

Thanks folks, I forgot to mention, these are only 3 and 4 inches long. With permission from Tom H I managed to copy his little santas, thanks again Tom.
          Cliff

Comment

Really neat little cavings Mr.Cliff and Yeaaaaaaaaa dont even think about going down to get any paint. Hope you are getting some PT after your hip replacement. Just take it slow! Great carving and thanks for sharing them with all of us. Forrest

Comment

Forrest, thanks for the compliment and yes, I hear ya, no basement steps just yet. Please do me a favor, Drop the MR.on my name, Please just plain old Cliff will be fine. Thanks buddy
              Cliff

Comment

Nice work Cliff! Looks like your carvings are coming right along! I hope you are healing up well! Keep us posted on your progress!

Blake

Comment

Neat little carvings Cliff. You've been trying a number of different approaches to carving, and all are working out well for you. I'm impressed with your persistance to produce so many carvings...even when your down . I'll tell you what the other carvers told me when I first started on this site " take on a challenge out of your comfort zone and learn from your mistakes" . Easier said then done, but there is some merit in failing in one's attempts now and again. You've got the passion so keep on carving.

Patrick

Comment

Blake, Patrick, thanks guys, it's so encouraging to get remarks, dang, I'm strugglin with this here carvin, so I'm just pickin away at little stuff tryin to get my brain and my eyes and hands all workin in the same direction. Sure am lucky the neighbor gave me a bunch of basswood for free because the old scrap box is takin a beating. I feel that all of a sudden everything will gell and I'll be off and runnin.
                    Cliff

Comment

Working...
                    X