Always carry a Big Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always carry a Big Stick

Well gang, I may be down but I'm not out. I've given up the little people for a while and gone back to my fav, wood spirits. This one is on a piece of HARD maple that floated up on our lawn on last years spring flood and is it ever hard, but it sure holds detail well, as the eyes will tell ya. Bear in mind this is only an inch and a half piece of wood. Comments welcome and appreciated.
    Cliff

Re: Always carry a Big Stick

Just amazing! I love Maple...it is so worth the effort! Is this a walking stick?Ha...I like the nose! The fact that you left the nubbies on the wood looks nice an natural! Good Job!

Comment

AWwwwwww Yes Mr Cliff I like this smaller wood spirit! Very nice details I may add! Just a good job you did period! Forrest

Comment

For such a small piece of wood, you were able to give him a lot of detail Cliff. The grain is nice and dark which helps add to the look. Well done.
        Patrick

Comment

Keoma, Forrest and Patrick, thanks for takin a look. It will eventually rest on the top of a walkin stick, as mentioned it was just a piece of junk wood that floated up on my lawn, but I will definitely attach it to a stick when I get more mobile and into my shop.
          Cliff

Comment

Hi Cliff, Good detail and like the color. Nice job. Merle

Comment

Great looking spirit Dad,you carved some nice detail into that wood.That was a really nice peace of wood,great job bud.Thanks for posting him,cant wait to see some more.

Comment

Looks like a wood spirit should look. Nice job.

Comment

great spirit tucker keep up the great carving.

HObO

Comment

Nice piece of carving Cliff.

Comment

Very nice work Cliff, hard to believe it's less than 2 inches.

Corey

Comment

Nice work, Cliff! Is that 1.5 inches long, or 1.5 inches diameter? In either case, it's got a lot of detail.

Claude
                        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                        My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                        My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                        My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Hey Claude, good to hear from you, It's 1 1/2 inch diameter and about 12 inches long. When I get well enough to work in my basement shop, I'll peg it onto a longer stick to make a walkin stick with it.
                          Cliff

Comment

G'day Cliff,
                            Glad to see you're still firing on all cylinders...<grin> Love that woodspirit, he'll make a fine header for a walking stick. Thanks for sharing.
                            John in Australia

Comment

Hey tere John, always good to hear from ya. Hope all is well with you and the health issues.
                              Cliff

Comment

Working...
                              X