I`m Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I`m Back

I have been down a little for a while but I think I am coming out of it.Did not get a lot done but here is one I got finished.It`s a piece of cottonwood 18" by 7" with BLO then 6 coats of hand rubbed wax and I like the way the finish came out. Vince

Re: I`m Back

VINCE. The finishing is alot of hard work but worth it . The frist picture with the light shining on him tells the story . great carving man.

Comment

Was wondering where you went. Have never used the wax, other than a liquid dark satin wax. From the pics there appears to be a little shine. Is that from the flash? It doesn't detract from the carving. I'm just used to satin non-glare finishes. Always like trying something new but like to hear what others think before experimenting myself.
      Patrick

Comment

Vince, both are FANTABULOUS sure am glad to see you back, I really enjoy seeing your work. Thanks for showing.
        Cliff

Comment

Vince, Very nice job, love the look of the wood, have never carved the wood, only the bark, looks like it would be neat to carve. Great carving. Bill

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. Patrick I will try to post better pic`s. I used a paste wax (minwax) and it gives a shine kinda like semi-gloss.what I like is I can put it where I want it and not where I don`t. I need to get a soft brush I can put on a drill so it can get into the groves better. I have always liked the look of hand rubbed wax on the furniture that I make so I give it a shot and I like the way it looks.Thanks Vince

Comment

Hi Vince, Looks Great. Merle

Comment

Working...
              X