Buxom Biscuits - A Sneak Peak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buxom Biscuits - A Sneak Peak!

While I haven't started the head for this piece yet I thought you'd get a kick out of her so far. After Granny I thought I'd try another female but put her Out West with my normal characters. She's going to be a Chuckwagon Cook with the usual painted apron. Ought to be a real classic. I'll bet those wranglers made those biscuits vanish in an instant. I'll also bet they hung around the wagon long after the meal was finished.

As always, comments and suggestions welcome.

Re: Buxom Biscuits - A Sneak Peak!

Lynn,

That is going to be a really cute carving, love how you have it "well-balanced" in all aspects. Your ability to create these pieces seems endless and I bet you have a 100 or so on paper not even carved yet. Thanks for all you do for us other carvers. Bill

Comment

Okay Lynn, you axed for it! I don't think she is well balanced at all. Her center of gravity is way out in front. Add the plate of biscuits (if she's blond they might be purty heavy too), and am afraid if you don't put a 10 pound bucket in her trailing hand in real life she'd fall on her nose. Just kiddin. just kiddin.

I can't wait to she her finished....

Tom H
      http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great work as usual!
        Seems like the wranglers aren't the only ones hanging out at the chuckwagon.
        Bill K.
        Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

Lynn is liable to put "grannys" head on her LOL
          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Wow!! very Dolly Partonesk You might need a bigger base so she dosn't fall over. LOL
            Andy

Comment

Lynn,I just can't seem to look her in the eyes. Great job Lynn I can't wait to see her all done.Cheers

LonnieCowboy

Comment

LOL ....... great piece of carving Lynn, love the concept! Your carvings never cease to amaize me! Well done.

Bob
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Lynn, she certainly has some outstanding attributes and I just think she looks lovely with her gloves. Hope she doesn't turn out to be a man that has had a little corrective surgery.
                  Cliff

Comment

Reminds me of my sweet Oklahoma Grandma. HELLO GRANDMA!

As usual Lynn, nice.

Comment

great job lynn can't wait to see this finished,only thing is i remember seeing the picture you took of yourself with the apron on as a model for the camp cook,who in the world posed for this one???!!! lolMobster

Comment

No need to look for models around here......in this area of the U.S. all the women look like that!!!

Comment

Don't say that too loudly Lynn...all the male carver will be headed to your neck on the woods for "inspiration". I just want to comment about how you made her look "natural" and that I wonder how many men realized you haven't put a head on her. ( protects self with full body armor to fend of projectile chisels, gouges, blades and the occasional flying mallet)

Comment

I think my original inspiration came the other night when I was watching Giada DeLaurentiis' cooking show on the Food Network!!! Like most male viewers it's really hard to focus on the pasta when she's mixing up those tasty Italian dishes!!!

Comment

no need for a head...no one will be looking into her eye's anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X