• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project for christmas

ok folks i have decided to do a project,

more pictures posted here
    Picasa Web Albums - thomp - Dr Wren

after going to the eye doctor last week and failing the eye test 20/20 left eye and 20/25 in right i was told to wait 6 weeks and study up... ha! ill retake the eye test and then probably get glasses..

so if you see something weird, ask a question, heck i might not have seen it so let me know....

dr wren,
    my heart doctor is a amateur astronomer, his office workers have got me to carve the doctor and his telescope

hope this project works,

please at any point you have suggestions or comments, hey let me know..

Re: new project for christmas

Thomas:
    Looks like a great project,can't wait to see it done.
    Mark N. Akers
    My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Ok Thomp, we will watch and make sure you don't put his head on backwards <big grin>

Comment

Way to go there old friend, great to see you back at work, the piece looks like a winner to me and I'm sure the doctor will be very pleased with it.
        Cliff

Comment

I will for sure folow your interesting project.
          Thanks for sharring....Thomp...remember glasses are a part of getting wiser.(I did'nt want to say older)LOL

Comment

Hey Thomp you seem to be off to a great start. You see I think what you have just done is what causes me my biggest problems when carving. I cant draw a straight line.

Comment

Hey Thomas, glad to see ya back to work, we have eben wondering where ya went off to. I will watch as ya progress although your eye sight is alot better then mine .
              Carl

Comment

thanks to all that have posted
                your comments are quite welcome,
                Originally posted by K. Ellenburg View Post
                Hey Thomp you seem to be off to a great start. You see I think what you have just done is what causes me my biggest problems when carving. I cant draw a straight line.
                the straight lines ain't the hard part its the curved ones when there suppose to join up and indicate portunes and proper angles,

now that i have it half carved i figures out its right shoulder is gone..... but prespective of 2d showed the shoulder.. oh well its ether a recutout or how to add an arm and shoulder without it looking fixed....

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it progress Thomas! Thanks for posting it. Your a great sketch artist as well!

Corey

Comment

progress at this point

thanks all for comments its helping
                    progress photos at
                    Picasa Web Albums - thomp - Dr Wren

Comment

thomp,

dr wren is looking good, hope you are feeling better, good to see you back on the board.

bart

Comment

looking like a doctor, keep up the great work thomas with your skill it has to turn out amazing.
                        Carl

Comment

Thomas. Looking good, If the right shoulder is gone, add on to the piece.

Hey My friend, I have 20/25 in my left and 20/50 in my right and yeper, I wear glasses. Couldn't see a lick without them.

Guess it is my getting older or to many hits on the head from the little bride. Probably the latter

Comment

Thomp so far it looks pretty good to me.
                            Mel

Comment

a but more work today,

arm nub amputated, shoes near done and details started.. coat collar tie, lapels pant legs and ears committed.

thinking the telescope needs to be done before i carve the right arm, as i have no idea as to what the telescope should look like? and where he should be fiddling with it at.....

kenny, we will know if im still blind next month im going back to the eye doc then.. eyes haven't been as much trouble with glare and over sensitivity to normal television and room lighting as they were...

Comment

Working...
                              X