new project for christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new project for christmas

Thomp, you did get his likeness pretty close, I'd say. I think you were right about the cheeks being too pronounced. Since I haven't seen him in real life it is hard to tell for sure about his other features. Can't wait to see him finished.
    Please take care of yourself.

Comment

carvings done on the doc

album
      link
      the buyer called and told me she was going on vacation, Thursday...
      i worked on it till wed evening it still needs paint but because the buyer said she wouldn't be here for Christmas, i told her to take it as is and after Christmas i would retrieve it and finish the paint and mount it properly,

my wife delivered it minuets ago and the office was ecstatic, i told the buyer to donate what she thought to the battered womens shelter or something better, but i didn't think i should charge my heart doctor for a carving when i gave one to my general practitioner free..

well it goes to show you, work you do free you'll never get done with it,
      Kathy the buyer said she was going to get me to do one of her husband hes outdoorsy type, and she demanded me to take payment!

Comment

That really turned out great Thomp. From originial drawing to carving. That is cool and what I want to be able to do.

Corey

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa Carver View Post
          That really turned out great Thomp. From originial drawing to carving. That is cool and what I want to be able to do.

Corey
          Corry,

its really not all that hard, you have the best start
          " you want to"

put in the effort, learn sketching, even if its stick figures, then flesh them out,,
          rough out your carving larger than finished size, and keep in mind which layer your working on,
          i say layers because carvings have different depths, you got to think about extremity's etc while your roughing out, its not all about making chips..
          i keep my chips small, none of the chips from this project was bigger than oat meal flakes....

Comment

Thomp, very nice carving, looking forward to the painted piece when you are done.

Comment

way to go ole timer,
              can't wait to see the paint job.
              nice way to mount the scope,
              not bad for an recovering what ever,
              sam

Comment

Thomp, that's a fine carving and I enjoyed the entire process as well.
                You are a very generous man.
                Christina
                Steve

Comment

Working...
                X