X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor
    replied
    Re: new project for christmas

Thomp, that's a fine carving and I enjoyed the entire process as well.
    You are a very generous man.
    Christina

Leave a comment:

• sccarnes
    replied

way to go ole timer,
    can't wait to see the paint job.
    nice way to mount the scope,
    not bad for an recovering what ever,
    sam

Leave a comment:

• wood2carve
    replied

Thomp, very nice carving, looking forward to the painted piece when you are done.

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

Originally posted by Iowa Carver View Post
    That really turned out great Thomp. From originial drawing to carving. That is cool and what I want to be able to do.

Corey
    Corry,

its really not all that hard, you have the best start
    " you want to"

put in the effort, learn sketching, even if its stick figures, then flesh them out,,
    rough out your carving larger than finished size, and keep in mind which layer your working on,
    i say layers because carvings have different depths, you got to think about extremity's etc while your roughing out, its not all about making chips..
    i keep my chips small, none of the chips from this project was bigger than oat meal flakes....

Leave a comment:

• Iowa Carver
    replied

That really turned out great Thomp. From originial drawing to carving. That is cool and what I want to be able to do.

Corey

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

carvings done on the doc

album
    link
    the buyer called and told me she was going on vacation, Thursday...
    i worked on it till wed evening it still needs paint but because the buyer said she wouldn't be here for Christmas, i told her to take it as is and after Christmas i would retrieve it and finish the paint and mount it properly,

my wife delivered it minuets ago and the office was ecstatic, i told the buyer to donate what she thought to the battered womens shelter or something better, but i didn't think i should charge my heart doctor for a carving when i gave one to my general practitioner free..

well it goes to show you, work you do free you'll never get done with it,
    Kathy the buyer said she was going to get me to do one of her husband hes outdoorsy type, and she demanded me to take payment!

Leave a comment:

• catbird
    replied

Thomp, you did get his likeness pretty close, I'd say. I think you were right about the cheeks being too pronounced. Since I haven't seen him in real life it is hard to tell for sure about his other features. Can't wait to see him finished.
    Please take care of yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

Keoma,

been feeling a little better lately but my eyes still have some problems, but ill live i think..

i got my silver beading wire today for making his glasses,

i already tried making his glasses out of some wire i already had, but that must have been memory wire and the more i bent it the more it returned to the original hoop it was formed in from the manufacture, that was getting me hot under the collar.....

dont know about a rock, feeling a little dizzy today with low blood pressure and low blood sugar makes me feel a little more like quick sand.....

thanks for the kind words...

Leave a comment:

• Keoma
    replied

Thomas, I am so glad to see you around here and carvin' up a storm! I hope you are enjoying the season! You are a rock!

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

finely got the picture of the dr in so i can show how close i came to shape..

i still got a little tuning to do and his telescope tripod is giving me fits 3 legs at 7 degree splay looks weird, so i start again on the tripod stand...

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

thanks bonnie,

im still waiting for the office to get back with me on some photos of him,

i talked to his physitions assistant Kathy, and told her i was going to carve another charter to go along with this guy, of a woman with a fishing pole with a toy flying saucer hanging it in front of the telescope.. and put Kathy on her name tag....

guess she would flip out if i did, because its an inter office thing...ha!

Leave a comment:

• chpster90bu
    replied

Thomas, you are doing an amazing job on that....been following along! You're getting it just fine.....can't wait to see it finished! Bonne

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

started teliscope and tripod fir doctor wren;;; comments welcome

tripod currently is 2 thread spools becuse i havent figured out the angle the 3 legs attack the mount base, but ill get the angle of the dangle yet!

Leave a comment:

• Thomp
    replied

the mustash is red in color and looks like its drawed on in real life so that wont be hard to duplicate with a paint brush...

i am doing it from memory, he has a round head and this face is a little fat in the cheeks,

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

looks great Thomas. I like it. Was thinking the mustach would stay but you done a fine job on the mouth. Now to get that right arm and you will have a very nice looking carving. Not that it doesn't look nice now.

Yeper, Eye problems due to gluccoma which was due to Diabetes. Done had the YAK surgery on both eyes.

Glad you are doing better.

Take care my friend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X