Carving on company time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carving on company time!

GREAT WORK ROGER! JUST A SUGGESTION BUT WHY DON'T YOU BRING THE LINENS AND THE STONE WALL TO DAYTON TO DISPLAY THEM ? ;o) SEE YOU THERE !
    Jim OH

Comment

Roger, those are amaizing!!! Congratulations. I am so impressed with the overall look and the finish is stunning. They will certainly get attention when folks get to see them in person. Great work.

Bob
      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thank you goes out to each and every one of you for all the comments. I'm no different than all the rest of you and your projects, we all just want them to look good and be accepted. I was lucky enough to have it work on this project. I'd like to also say to everyone out there never let go of your dreams we never know when they might come true!

Comment

Very impressive!! Looking forward to seeing the completed pieces. Like your "thinking outside the box" with the barber chair, and it looks like it's perfect for that application.

Comment

Using the three flat panels on the curved wall turned out doing exactly what you said it did....brought warmth to the stone wall. The stain worked so well, and I'm really amazed to see butternut in that quantity.
            I cannot come up with new comments for the work itself, because it's all been said so well by others here. I'm very glad to have seen the panels at least in pictures, and seeing them there in person would be even more amazing.
            Could you include a picture of how the congregation sees them when they enter the room? Proportions from afar would be interesting.
            Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm in this project with us. What an accomplishment!
            Christina
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
              Using the three flat panels on the curved wall turned out doing exactly what you said it did....brought warmth to the stone wall. The stain worked so well, and I'm really amazed to see butternut in that quantity.
              I cannot come up with new comments for the work itself, because it's all been said so well by others here. I'm very glad to have seen the panels at least in pictures, and seeing them there in person would be even more amazing.
              Could you include a picture of how the congregation sees them when they enter the room? Proportions from afar would be interesting.
              Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm in this project with us. What an accomplishment!
              Christina
              I'm sorry about pictures up so close but because of a bulkhead for the second level I can only get just so close for pictures of the full grouping. I attached a picture from the second floor to give you an idea.

This is a poor picture and I need to take it again. This is how they see them from the from the entry. You can see in it the dark bulkhead in the upper part of this picture.

Comment

Thanks for the new images. Now I see how grand they are in their environment. The butternut really compliments the surrounding woodwork.

Wonderful work. I hope it delights you as much as others who see it.
                Christina
                Steve

Comment

Roger ... Beautiful job! Your idea of the carved linens worked well and really do warm up the wall. I hope you never stop hearing the "wows!" from people. You certainly deserve it. I'm glad you got the opportunity. I certainly hope I get so lucky one day!

Comment

I still envy you!!!

Fantastic work!! Hope you get to do more--on company time of course!!

Bob L

Comment

Working...
                    X