• Merle Rice
    replied
    Re: Golf Guy Commission

Hi Bob, Great start looking forward in seeing it finished. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Iowa Carver
    replied

This is really a cool project Bob and looking forward to watching along. The clay model was fantastic!

Corey

Leave a comment:

• Simplyme
    replied

I kinda figure that you would say that you destroy the clay model after your done. It makes me want to cry......I think it is a piece of art in itself. If I could do something like that in clay, I would be a recluse, I would never leave my house, between carving and sculpting.........I envy you guys who really have, "THE GIFT".
    Spoken by someone born with two left feet and two right hands..........LOL

Leave a comment:

• xsailer
    replied

I've transferred the outline of the clay to a paper pattern (front and side views) as best I could. Transferred the resulting pattern to wood and band sawed the image. I decided, for ease of carving, to do the head and his right raised leg separate. I thought I would start on the head first to make sure I got a likness before wasting time with the body if I couldn't get there with a fair likness.

Leave a comment:

• xsailer
    replied

Yes it is a terrible stance....on purpose Bill. There are several parts of the model I've over emphasized. Having said that you would be surprised how close it is to the picture.

The clay is oil based and will be added to my pile to re-use on another project. It never hardens.

Leave a comment:

• bghebert
    replied

Looks good to me, Bob what do you do with the clay model when you've finished the carving, just courious

Leave a comment:

• bigEd_H
    replied

Hey, Bob, that's a neat looking project. I'm looking forward to seeing it take shape in wood.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• carver33
    replied

Terrible stance - I think his left foot is turned in a little too far. LOL.

He looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the carving.

Leave a comment:

• xsailer
    started a topic Golf Guy Commission

Golf Guy Commission

I've started a character commission I thought I'd share with interested carvers. This is my second "look-a-like wood carving" that hopefully turns out like I want it. I've done other mediums but not wood. I started by making a clay model. The carving is a man that is very proud (as he should be) of his golfing abilities so he chose as a carving topic, golfing. He has bought several other art productions of mine and I'm wanting to do him up real good. The following pics are of the clay model. Here we go. I'll keep you updated as to the progress. Hope you enjoy it.
Working...
X