Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santa Overload

Originally posted by Ed Redwine View Post
    Thought I would share my WIP that has kept me busy for most of the year. Here are 15 Santa ornaments (3"x6" basswood) out of some 40 that were ordered from last year. I'm in the painting process now, something I don't necessarily enjoy. Just glad to have them done. The painting is probably 80% completed. Oh, I do put things on the backside like, Christmas Trees, snowmen, bells, chip carving. holly etc. Besides these, there have been about a dozen other unrelated carvings done this year. Phewww.... I'm ready for a rest!
    A Bunch of good looking Santas i would say !! Keep up the good work !

Comment

Great bunch,If I had to pick it would be the one right in the middle.
      Curt

Comment

Wow now that is a gaggle of Santas! Nice job Ed, can't wait to see them all painted up!

Corey

Comment

I think you should give them out without painting them and allow the receiver to paint them themselves, that way they would feel like they were part of the finished product and appreciated them more.........

Mind you, I'm envious of those carvings..I can probally do maybe two of them every year at my pace. And I would have invested to many hours on them to be able to give them up........

The faces on those are priceless.....

Comment

Wow.. Nice set of Santas you've done! Your very good at them! And ditto on the request to see them all when you've got them painted up.

Marcia.

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Very nice assortment. Nice display rack also.
                Carve On,
                Kadiddle

Comment

Thanks to all for the nice comments. I will post another pix when they are finished. I sometimes we believe we create a love/hate relationship with our work. Lynn for example, does recognizable faces, but each pose/scene/scenario make each one unique and special. I try to make each Santa a bit different from the last one.
                  Oh well, back to the paint desk!

Comment

ED! You have really been busy,and a job well done,some is going to be very
                    happy this Xmas,thanks for sharing.

Oscar

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing them all painted up. They look wonderful just as they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X