Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIP Untitled

Hi, Phil and Corey

Thanks guys for stopping by appreciate it very much. Phil, sorry I didn't really show that part, but will on the next one for sure. Thanks for your interest. Also, I might mention that in the Tutorial Forum there are some How To on carving eyes.

Kathy

Comment

Hi All, this one is pretty much done unless I decided to do something else to him.
      A name still escapes me, which is odd as I usally always have a name by the end of a carving. May have to go with Jeb or Jed....

I decided not to woodburn the hair because I'd have to woodburn the facial hair too. I think it might be to stark, may try it on another carving. The eyes are woodburned with an off white highlight. I'm not all that pleased with the eyes and maybe that is why I haven't come up with a name yet. I'm thinking he kind of reminds me more of a biker than an Apache/white man.

Thanks again, as always I appreciate hearing from you.
      Kathy

Comment

Hi Kathy, I like him a lot. We all view things differently, he reminds me of a (don't take this wrong) "deadhead". Its been many years ago, but I went to a Grateful Dead concert (his fans were called deadheads) and if his eyes were a little more squinted, he'd look just like a whole bunch of guys I saw sitting around in a cloud of smoke, of course I don't know what they were smokin'. Thanks for the progression pics, it was fun watching.

Dan

Comment

LOL, Dan I think you are right he does favor that group. I love the Grateful Dead never saw them in concert but sure enjoy their music.
          Glad you liked this fella, funny how our minds eye leads us when carving. This is what you get when you let your mind do the carving.
          Kathy

Comment

Working...
          X