"Almost Off Topic... Walgreens!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Almost Off Topic... Walgreens!"

In preparation for our trip up north in September we ordered refills for all of our perscriptions from Walgreens. Now down here in Central Florida Walgreens has a centralized pharmacy where they try to get you to order at least a day out so that they can fill the perscriptions at that pharmacy and then ship it to your own pharmacy for pick-up. The trouble is that they only use one size container, no matter how small or large the pills are, and everything comes with a child-proof lid whether you want it or not. So having little room in the truck I wanted the smallest containers possible and to do that I needed to talk to our pharmacist and have the scrips filled at our pharmacy. That would seem like an easy task, right???? Wrong!!! First off, when I dialed my pharmacy's number I was switched to an automatic operator requesting my refill information. Needing to remind my pharmacist about the bottle size I still needed to talk to a human being so after listening to 2-3 minutes of mis-direction and advertisement I finally was put on the line with a live person. However, this person was not at my pharmacy. The good Lord only knows where she was but she didn't know anything about my perscriptiuons, or my need for a specific bottle size and after another long delay and the need for a lengthy explanation I was finally transfered to my pharmacy. At that point I gave my information and my request to a very friendly and helpful pharmacy technician and within 30-seconds I was off the line. However, my total time for the phone call was close to 5-minutes. Needless to say I was a little perturbed. So before leaving town I sat down and fired off a letter to Walgreen's Corporate Office. But instead of Corporate responding to my letter themselves as dictated by usual customer service practices they shipped it back to my pharmacy as if it was my pharmacist's problem. In fact, my pharmacist called me up at my cabin to apologize which made me feel like a heel because it wasn't his fault and he didn't need to take the heat for Corporate's lousy system, a system which is in operation in only a few areas of the country. The more rual areas still have a user friendly ordering and fill system. Anyway, I wanted to apologize to my pharmacist so I whittled him a likeness! Apparently it went over pretty good because he called today after I dropped it off and sounded really pleased with it. I guess I was able to salvage a little good will from the incident! Talk about putting your foot in your mouth!

Re: "Almost Off Topic... Walgreens!"

Boy did you nail this one - right on target.
    This is the picture that should be in the dictionary under pharmasist!

Comment

Eddy...sorry to hear about the problems with Walgreens, sounds like it would severly test the patience of anyone! You did the right thing though, and I'm sure the pharmacist will enjoy your little carving as much as we did seeing it. Have a wonderfully trip up north and continued safe carving to you.
      Kenn

Comment

Nice carving, Eddy!
        I have the same problem with my mail-order pharmacy Medco. One size fits all...
        Claude
        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
        My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
        My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
        My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Because of this type of problem I moved my prescriptions from Walgreen's to Wal-Mart where (you're not going to believe this) I get that personal service and can talk to the pharmacy direct every time.

Joggernot

Comment

You done good there,that ought to get you outa his complainers book.
            Tony

Comment

Hi Eddy,

Customer service problems or not, this is still a great carving - nice job!!!

Mark

Comment

Real nice carving! Looks just like my pharmasist here too. Thanks for sharing

Eric

Comment

You are just too nice Eddy but Im gald you are?? I get to see more of your neat little carvings!! This is another neat one my friend.

Forrest

Comment

Thanks Ken! At least this little pharmacist won't be confused with a CVS employee!

Comment

Kenn.... To tell you the truth I feel a whole lot better now. It's so cathartic just getting it off my chest! Thanks all for listening! You guys make great psychologists! Ha! Ha!

Comment

Claude... I hear you with MedCo! They only have two bottles, both white, one medium, the other large, no matter what size the pills. But I try to give them a little slack because it's a 90-day supply and I usually end up dumping the previous perscription into the new bottle so a little extra room often comes in handy.

Comment

Joggernot... We like Walgreens because when we travel we can refill no matter where we are. Also, we can have them hold refill perscriptions until needed, even if they're needed when we're in another state. I also like it that for the most part our store has had extremely low turn over in their pharmacy staff. I don't know about Wal-Mart but I do know that when I go to the Sam's Club Pharmacy they never have the same people on more than once or twice in a row. The only real problem I have is with Walgreen's automated system in the Tampa Bay area. In other parts of the country where we get our perscriptions filled we've never had a problem.

Comment

Tony... I was in the Navy and it's said that a Sailor ain't happy unless he's complaining! So I imagine I'll be carvin' him something else before all is said and done!

Comment

Thanks Mark! Now if Walgreens would only hire me as a customer service consultant!

Comment

Working...
                              X