• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cowboy in progress...

Looks good so far, keep carving!

Carl

Comment

Like everyone has said he really looks good looking forward to the finished carving

Comment

Kris,

This project is coming along nicely! Love the face and the details in the chaps! Can't wait to see it finished and painted. Keep posting pics....I love to see the progress as you go along.

Dianna

Comment

Kris
          Looks good to me , can wait to see him painted.

Comment

Looks like he is coming along great Kris! Soon he will look as good as the two you had at the Spokane Show!

Dorothy & Art

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. I have moved a bit farther on the project, so a few more pictures. I will be adding a hat (and arms!) and hope to have him holding a saddle. I guess I need to carve the saddle so I know how to place the angle of the arms and figure out how the hands would be. I think he is about 14" tall or so. The basic pattern is from Lynn's 'Walsh' character.
              I have tried to make the teeth look a little less full and tapered the bottom lip back (Thanks Tom, for the help there) I think the gun will fit tight and you won't see the dowels when he's done. I haven't worked on the shirt yet so pay no attention to that. Did I mention I am slow as molasses?..this project may drag on for quite a while...might have to break for a few Santa carvings.
              Comments and suggestions welcome..

Comment

Kris
                He is really coming along,with all your detail looks like you will give Lynn some competition.
                Curt

Comment

Thanks Curt, but you make me snort my coffee, Lynn's carvings are light years ahead of what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                  X