Fairy-Door with "SIGHTING"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairy-Door with "SIGHTING"

This is my latest 'Fairy Door' project. It stands 8.5" tall, 6.5" wide and 1.75" deep. It is carved from Canadian air-dried basswood, some of the best I've ever worked with. Carved from one piece, with the exception of the back plate. This was great fun to do. I have plans of painting it in various shades of greys. I have also thought of finishing it in stains. It is a Christmas present for an 8 year old girl. What are your thoughts?

Re: Fairy-Door with "SIGHTING"

I think it is perfect for an 8 year old and that she will really love it. It is very well carved, I think an 8 year old girl would probablly like it better painted in bright colors..they seem to love pinks and purples and bright green..and I think those would look good on this piece.

Comment

Hi Dennis,
      When I first saw it I immediately thought of the entrance to Cinderilla's Castle at Disney World. Might pull up a picture of it to get some ideas on colors for the doors, etc. Just a thought!
      Jim OH

Comment

It's a lovely door! You put a lot of detail on it, the vines are really neat!

Comment

Unique idea and great detailing. Merle

Comment

Every once in a while I will see a carving that to me is so unique that I have to keep looking it over and over and this is one of those. I can not explain why but I truly like the way you did this.

Comment

I agree with Robert. This is a wonderful project. It has an simple yet elegant look to it.

Comment

Working...
              X