Football, anyone?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football, anyone?!

Thanks GaryMc, I just started painting the one brother, the other is almost ready to paint. Have to get busy, the wedding is next weekend! Talking Deborah

Comment

Hey Callynne! Great carvings of the football players!! Excellent detail!! Can't wait to see them finished!!!

vacaricature carver

Comment

Here are my football playing brothers, all finished up! I almost made a huge mistake and put them on my website just now...that could have been a disaster, the husband-to-be likes my carvings and checks my site quite often! I'd feel terrible if I had ruined the surprise! Sad

Sure hope he likes them! He was quite a bit bigger than his brother and they were very different, face wise also. Like I said, I'm not a portrait carver but they did turn out to look a bit like them....can't wait to hear what he thinks of them!

Now...on to Santas....work, work, work...I love it! Deborah

Comment

Oppps. sorry, it wouldn't let me put the front view of them on, it's already posted over in the Off Topic section under 'A question....picture sizing?'....guess it makes sense, we can't be putting duplicate pictures everywhere, can we?!

Anyhow, if you want to see the front view of the brothers, that's were you can....until after the wedding, when they can all go on my website! Deborah

Comment

They look awesome!!!

Comment

Deborah,

Let me be the first to say, WOW!!! They are fantastic. What a wonderful gift he is going to be getting. The carvings alone are wonderful but the fact that there are some great memories for him each time he looks at them makes it even more wonderful. Good job.

Chipper67

Comment

Beautiful job Callynne!!! I think they will go over well as a gift! Something very special. Thank you for letting us have a peek.

Bob
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Great job Callynne. Wonderful presents to be treasured for sure.

Comment

Wonderful job Calley, they look so real and great poses too, look like they ought to be on a Wheaties Box, hehe. I know they will treasure them, I know I would!
                    GaryMc

Comment

Deborah,
                      We are all so proud of you! He is going to love them so much. There won't be words to express what he feels when he sees these. They're beautiful! You've transcended carving and art, you've reached into someone's heart. And you'll be in their hearts from now on. This is far better than art.
                      Wade

Comment

Thanks so much for the great compliments everyone! I just said on another post, I'll be a nervous wreck till I hear what the groom thinks of them! It's a lot harder doing pieces from photos, because you really want it to look like the person. In this case even more so, since his brother has passed away. Makes it even more special to me too! Thanks again for the compliments, I'm glad you like them! Deborah

Comment

Great Job Callynne!! I really like way you have painted them and the fact that you were able to capture their true likeness! I think that is a wonderful gift to be treasured for a lifetime! You will have to let us know about their response! We will look forward to seeing them on your web page!!

Well done!

Vacaricature carver

Comment

I was ignoring the "football" message posts until today. I'm so glad I stopped in to see them.
                            Callyne, you're awesome. Portraits in wood would intimidate me as much as drawing them does. Yours look real and have personalities instead of characacture looks about them. Congratulations on a commission well done!
                            Thor
                            Steve

Comment

Thanks guys, the bride-to-be should have them by the end of the day. I can't wait to see what she thinks. I'm glad you all like them! Deborah

Comment

callynne-i got i sneak preview from the off topic thread.

these guys are truly amazing,i'm sure they will be a treasured memento of the upcoming event and will bring back lots of memories of their football days.

do you give classes in painting?

Frank
                                Safety first

Comment

Working...
                                X