X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callynne
    replied
    Re: Football, anyone?!

Here are my football playing brothers, all finished up! I almost made a huge mistake and put them on my website just now...that could have been a disaster, the husband-to-be likes my carvings and checks my site quite often! I'd feel terrible if I had ruined the surprise! Sad

Sure hope he likes them! He was quite a bit bigger than his brother and they were very different, face wise also. Like I said, I'm not a portrait carver but they did turn out to look a bit like them....can't wait to hear what he thinks of them!

Now...on to Santas....work, work, work...I love it! Deborah

Leave a comment:

• Blake Lunsford
    replied

Hey Callynne! Great carvings of the football players!! Excellent detail!! Can't wait to see them finished!!!

vacaricature carver

Leave a comment:

• Callynne
    replied

Thanks GaryMc, I just started painting the one brother, the other is almost ready to paint. Have to get busy, the wedding is next weekend! Talking Deborah

Leave a comment:

• GaryMc
    replied

Those are going to be wonderful, can't wait to see them finished!

GaryMc

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Yeper, OUTSTANDING carvings from an OUTSTANDING lady!

Leave a comment:

• wade clark
    replied

Callynne,
    Very nice! I can hardly wait to see them painted!
    Wade

Leave a comment:

• AlArchie
    replied

Nothing wrong that I can see, unless they won't be wearing Green Bay Packer uniforms!!!!!!!

Al

Leave a comment:

• Callynne
    replied

Okay, are they starting to look like football players? I'm hoping to have them finished up by tomorrow night so I can get them painted over the weekend. The wedding is coming up fast!

If anyone sees anything wrong, please let me know! Thanks! Talking Deborah

Leave a comment:

• Callynne
    replied

Thanks everyone, that was just the information I needed! I understand exactly how it should look, the links are great helps also to visualize how the shoulder pads look under the shirt.

I'm glad they don't have helmets on, hopefully I'll get the hair and face shape close enough that they can be recognized!

Nope, Nancy, Ben's help is limited to advising and critiquing, he still hasn't ever picked up his knife! Oh, and he also tells me I need to 'manage my time better'....hmmmmmm.....I notice there aren't any teeth gritting smilie faces that would be perfect to insert here!!

Lightningbolt, I just knew you were the sensitive type!

Thanks for the great compliment on my little girl, Frank and all the nice compliments (in advance) from all of you, on the brothers (hope I don't mess them up!)! Callynne

P.S. Nancy, not just sometimes, it's every single day!

Leave a comment:

• jamesfa
    replied

Callynne-if memory serves me correctly there is a belt-i remeber a canvas like heavy cloth belt with two metal D rings for use to tighten the belt.

It look likes your will be coming up with another fine carving,i still have not found the right adjective to describe the little girl with her dog.

just let me say La petite fille est vraiment magnifique.

Frank

Leave a comment:

• Lightningbolt
    replied

As hard as it is for a guy to say the word, ahhhh--ah, ah, ah-hum...."sweet" I'll have to admit that the idea by the bride-to-be is very thoughtful and even tugs at my own heart strings! Thanks for creating such a cherished memory in wood and once again for sharing it here first with us! You go Callynne!

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

What I can tell is you have it down great for sure.

Nancy, Glad to see you posting again. Best to you!

Leave a comment:

• kaiserb
    replied

I am not a football fan but the carvings are great.

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Callynne ,

Here is a site showing the belt and the pants with most of the pads. Also jerseys ect.

http://www.footballvendor.com/footballpacific.htm

Might help you. Been a long time , but I think our belts were just for show don't remember them being able to be removed. Seems like they were stiched in place and the front just a slip buckle. Lace up the front , snap opening at top , and slip the belt together.

Ash

Leave a comment:

• wade clark
    replied

Callynne,
    Wonderful story!
    Wonderful gift!
    Wonderful carving!
    Wade

Leave a comment:

Working...