• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Callynne

• Callynne
    replied
    Re: Football, anyone?!

Well, looks like the brides gift idea was a big hit! I got a call last week, from the groom, to tell me how much he loved them. The bride told me the family took a video of him opening them, I can't wait to see that!

Thanks again for all the advice (I never would have got those uniforms right!) and the encouragement, I appreciate it! Deborah

Leave a comment:

• Callynne

• Callynne
    replied

Thanks for the great compliments, Frank and Susan! I just heard from the bride-to-be, she said they arrived safely, they are perfect and she's more anxious to give them to him than to say I DO! I take that as a really big compliment! Hope the groom likes them as much as the bride does! Deborah

P.S. Frank, you know what the hardest part of painting them was.....the numbers! You can't really notice it in the pictures but around the white is a thin band of yellow...what a pain that was to get painted on there evenly!

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    Super Moderator

• Irish
    replied

There is no doubt from your great carvings that the two football players are brothers. Even if you didn't catch an exact portrait of the two men it is so clear that both the intent and the love is captured in your work. Great job.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• jamesfa
    Super Moderator

• jamesfa
    replied

callynne-i got i sneak preview from the off topic thread.

these guys are truly amazing,i'm sure they will be a treasured memento of the upcoming event and will bring back lots of memories of their football days.

do you give classes in painting?

Frank

Leave a comment:

• Callynne

• Callynne
    replied

Thanks guys, the bride-to-be should have them by the end of the day. I can't wait to see what she thinks. I'm glad you all like them! Deborah

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    Super Moderator

• Thor
    replied

I was ignoring the "football" message posts until today. I'm so glad I stopped in to see them.
    Callyne, you're awesome. Portraits in wood would intimidate me as much as drawing them does. Yours look real and have personalities instead of characacture looks about them. Congratulations on a commission well done!
    Thor

Leave a comment:

• Blake Lunsford

• Blake Lunsford
    replied

Great Job Callynne!! I really like way you have painted them and the fact that you were able to capture their true likeness! I think that is a wonderful gift to be treasured for a lifetime! You will have to let us know about their response! We will look forward to seeing them on your web page!!

Well done!

Vacaricature carver

Leave a comment:

• Callynne

• Callynne
    replied

Thanks so much for the great compliments everyone! I just said on another post, I'll be a nervous wreck till I hear what the groom thinks of them! It's a lot harder doing pieces from photos, because you really want it to look like the person. In this case even more so, since his brother has passed away. Makes it even more special to me too! Thanks again for the compliments, I'm glad you like them! Deborah

Leave a comment:

• wade clark

• wade clark
    replied

Deborah,
    We are all so proud of you! He is going to love them so much. There won't be words to express what he feels when he sees these. They're beautiful! You've transcended carving and art, you've reached into someone's heart. And you'll be in their hearts from now on. This is far better than art.
    Wade

Leave a comment:

• GaryMc

• GaryMc
    replied

Wonderful job Calley, they look so real and great poses too, look like they ought to be on a Wheaties Box, hehe. I know they will treasure them, I know I would!
    GaryMc

Leave a comment:

• Bandaid

• Bandaid
    replied

Great job Callynne. Wonderful presents to be treasured for sure.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    Super Moderator

• squbrigg
    replied

Beautiful job Callynne!!! I think they will go over well as a gift! Something very special. Thank you for letting us have a peek.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• chipper67

• chipper67
    replied

Deborah,

Let me be the first to say, WOW!!! They are fantastic. What a wonderful gift he is going to be getting. The carvings alone are wonderful but the fact that there are some great memories for him each time he looks at them makes it even more wonderful. Good job.

Chipper67

Leave a comment:

• kaiserb

• kaiserb
    replied

They look awesome!!!

Leave a comment:

• Callynne

• Callynne
    replied

Oppps. sorry, it wouldn't let me put the front view of them on, it's already posted over in the Off Topic section under 'A question....picture sizing?'....guess it makes sense, we can't be putting duplicate pictures everywhere, can we?!

Anyhow, if you want to see the front view of the brothers, that's were you can....until after the wedding, when they can all go on my website! Deborah

Leave a comment:

Working...
X