Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoon in progress

Hi,

This is a picture of a work in progress. I started this back in March of this year, but I'm in a "finish the ones you've started" mode, and I did finally get the book about Greenmen and Woodspirits that I wanted ever since it came out.
    The book helped a lot! Thanks Susan...and Chris Pye, and Shawn Cipa for help with working the eyes better.

He kind of looks like he got caught up in a hedge trimmer while he was hiding in the bushes.

Anyway, the first photo is about 2 hours ago, and the second is just now. I hope to finish it by tomorrow afternoon.
    It's made out of basswood.
    Thor
    Steve

Re: spoon in progress

Great smile on him Thor..... you're doing a splendid job. He kind of makes you think...."Now what is he smiling about? Did he dip that spoon in something?" Well done.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Really neat Idea Thor, I don't know if I ever saw a Greenman spoon before, looking really good, wnat to see the finished product!
      GaryMc

Comment

Thor,
        I agree with Bob, he looks like he got caught eating something off that spoon! C O O L !!!
        Wade

Comment

Boy, that is a great looking face, great character.

Comment

Great idea to put a greenman face on a spoon and what a display piece that will be! The eyes really look good and an area in my own spirits' that I'd like to explore further and perhaps improve upon. Good photography too on placing the light colored spoon up against that dark post... a fantastic contrasting combination that works!

Thanks for taking time to post!
            Dave Brock

Comment

Thor, that is the best spoon I've ever seen, a real 'he man' kind of spoon, I love it!! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see it finished! Deborah

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments.
                I finished him last night and put a coat of mineral oil on him. I was really surprised to see all the grain appear in what I thought was a really plain piece of basswood.
                Ok, I checked the photo just to make sure it's done correctly, and I don't know why he's looking in the other direction. Apparently, he moves.
                Thor
                Steve

Comment

Hey Thor! He sure would look beautiful on my dining room wall ... hint - hint!

Great job and so very creative to turn him into a spoon.

Susan
                  Lora

Art Designs Studio: https://www.artdesignsstudio.com/
                  LSIrish.com: https://www.lsirish.com/
                  CarvingPatterns.com: https://www.carvingpatterns.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X