Butternut weasel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butternut weasel

I've always wanted to play with some butternut, and now I finally have some! This is my little "test" carving, just over two inches tall, to see how I like it. I LIKE it.

Sabrina

Re: Butternut weasel

I like it too great job looks almost like an abstract weasel but never the less it definatly looks like a weasel. I have to agree with you Sabrina Butternut is a beautiful wood and carves wonderfully probably my most favorite wood to carve. I have a whole shed full of it I must get some down and carve it I forgot how beautiful it is.
    ColinThumbs Up
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Comment

I like the butternut also. Did a gnome one time and the stuff carves nice. Have you ever tried catalpa. I have a bunch drying in the shop and it has some beautiful grain. Nice job on the weasel!

Don

Comment

Nice carving Sabrina, I have junk of butternut I want to carve also, but finding a subject to carve is the had part. By chance do you have a pet ferret?

Comment

Sabrina, The grain circle fallingright on his cheek is perfect. Beautiful job.

Susan
          Lora

Art Designs Studio: https://www.artdesignsstudio.com/
          LSIrish.com: https://www.lsirish.com/
          CarvingPatterns.com: https://www.carvingpatterns.com/

Comment

Love the little critter , Sabrina, beautiful texture and grain on the wood. Butternut finishes up so warmly.

Bob
            Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Very pretty wood, and I like the gentle shape of the weasle.
              Thor
              Steve

Comment

Sabrina, wow your weasel is terrific and I love the finish color. Is that the natural color after varnish? Or did you use a stain. You didn't say but did you like the butternut? Forgive me if you answered my questions in another post haven't read them.
                Kathy

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments. Glad you all like it! Unfortunately, no ferret.

Yep, quite natural, and quiiite likeable, Mottles.

Comment

Sabrina, great job, he's beautiful!! Both the carving and the wood!! Thanks for sharing him with us! Deborah

Comment

Working...
                    X