Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driftwood Carving

Hi Gang,
    Just found this in my woodpile its been there for years so I thought I would do a collage of woodspirits I can see them hiding everywhere. I think this is a piece of pine really weathered but in great shape. Not sure how many spirits are hiding in here I will have to seek them out and keep you posted. It is only in its first stages but I thought it was a unique piece of driftwood.
    Colin
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Re: Driftwood Carving

Nice work Colin,
    I can't wait to see more!!!

Bob

Comment

The expression on his face is great Colin, It looks like you just stuck him in the snow. I could just hear him saying Wooooooo!

Comment

Colin,
        Nice carving! But...what's that white stuff everywhere?
        Wade

Comment

Keep going north to find that farm Wade and you will find some. Looks great Colin his expression looks like he is cold. Thanks for the photos. Ron

Comment

Thumbs Up Colin, he's wonderful and I love the reddish color of the wood. Somehow seems if he's been out in the cold and warmth all these years he'd be gray (he has aged well tee hee). I too love the expression!
            Kathy

Comment

I love it. Your are right, there must be more hiding in there. I have a question???? Than white stuff looks like something I saw all the time when I was growing up in upstate NY. What is it???? We may have our 1st frost to night, so I guess the grass cutting is over untill the end of Feb or first part of March.

Comment

When you live in the great white north it just another day. We are very lucky this year this is our first snow although it has stayed. Usually by this time we have had about a month of winter by now. The wood spirits dont mind either they are like us they get used to it. The only thing I dont like about it is carving outside I have to wear a snowmobile suit. Yes there are more spirits lurking in that piece of driftwood dont worry I will release them next week going to a hockey tournament with my grandson near Detroit all week end so I wont get any carving done.
                Colin
                Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                Jackson, MS

Comment

Hey Colin, you have that White sand like they have over in New Mexico!! lolWinkSarcastic
                  "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Working...
                  X