My first bowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first bowl.

Ok, ok, this is my last new thread today, but I got to finish so many things this week, and I have taken such a long hiatus from posting; I surely hope you will allow me a little indulgence on this. Anyway, here is my first bowl. Let me know what you think please. I know that they are very close to the thread I posted a few weeks ago showing it in progress, but now all the stones are completed, the leaves have been carved and a generous application of wax and oil has been layered upon it.

Re: My first bowl.

Excellent bowl!

Comment

No probs about how many threads you start when you have such fine pieces to show us. Such a lot of work in this bowl! Excellent, keep em coming. Joe.

Comment

Man, that turned out really nice! Great carving! The guys at the club keep asking if I've heard from you or if you moved yet.....at least you'll have a lot for show and tell if you get to come to another meeting!
        'If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have any personality at all!"

http://mikepounders.weebly.com/
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-...61450667252958
        http://centralarkansaswoodcarvers.blogspot.com/

Comment

well...ain't you something!!
          Great concept.
          I spend quite a bit of time with a wood lathe and every time I talk to SWMBO about carving on a turned piece, I get a lecture about why....so I have yet to go there
          But I will....(when she ain't lookin')

fantistic piece....hope to see more.

Comment

Thanks Mike and we should be moving soon, waiting on the closing of a house. If there is going to be a meeting in May let me know please. I am going to try to attend. Thanks Mob, I appreciate the comments. I wish I had a lathe, I would so carve on turned pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by PerpetuallyNewCarver View Post
              Thanks Mike and we should be moving soon, waiting on the closing of a house. If there is going to be a meeting in May let me know please. I am going to try to attend. Thanks Mob, I appreciate the comments. I wish I had a lathe, I would so carve on turned pieces!
              maybe we can work something out???

Comment

I usually do not view threads about bowls. Not my kinda carving. But because of you, now I guess I should. Well carved bowl. Looks amazing.

Comment

Wow! What a lot of work! Just a plain bowl that deep would be a lot of work but with the exterior carving, that is amazing.
                  Terry

Comment

Super nice bowl!!
                    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

As far as time goes I think I spent close to a hundred hours on it, but that was always while multitasking lol. I think some of it was also cause I don't have maybe the ideal tool shape for the inside and the other part was the sanding, oh the sanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X