Green Man/Wood Spirit Toothpick Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Man/Wood Spirit Toothpick Holder

I decided to try doing a Green Man/Wood Spirit as a toothpick holder. He's not done ( as you probably can see ) but here it is.

These toothpick holders are getting really addicting!

Re: Green Man/Wood Spirit Toothpick Holder

Okay,what kind of wood is it and how big is it? Looks great I can't wait to see it when you are finished.

Comment

Great project with a wonderfully functional purpose to it.
      Your leaves are developing nicely. Please post again when you're finished.
      Thor
      Steve

Comment

Thanks guys!

I've discovered I really enjoy making these, (my poor family - they have no idea what they're in for now).

The piece is done out of bass and I started with a piece that was 3" high by 2" x 2". It finished at 3" and here are the pictures of it.

I must say that it's nice to have people to show your work to. Since I moved away from Calgary I don't have anyone to share this with. So thank you for putting up with all my postings of my carvings everyone - it really is appreciated.

Comment

Well Lindy..if you make those out of a 2x2x3 inch tall block and before carving, drill a 5/8 hole down thru it...you will be ready for Bob's friendship cane LOL
          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Hmmm - I volunteered for that and I was wondering what on earth I would carve! Okay Bob - I'm ready now - *LOL* Bouncing S

Comment

Nice job Lindy I really like the eyes.
              Colin
              Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
              Jackson, MS

Comment

Dang, toothpick holders, now I have to add that to my 'to try' list! Seriously though, it's great Lindy, terrific idea, terrific carving and painting. Thanks for sharing him with us! Keep on sharing, we love seeing your work! Deborah

Comment

Deborah, thank you - I must say they've gotten rather addicting. I'm suddenly coming up with other ideas for toothpick holders and even pen holders. Sure hope my family & friends want toothpick holders. Wink

Comment

Working...
                  X