Butternut Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butternut Chain

I knocked this chain out last night. Gave it to the shop where I bought the wood. First time I worked butternut, so I figured I would make something I already knew how to do.

Re: Butternut Chain

Good job. How did you like working with butternut?

Comment

Very Nice. Really light, but did not split when it wasn't supposed to. If you know what I mean. A little hard to write on with pencil though.. I make chains all the time both from square stock and cutting out the corners on the table saw. This one I cheated in interest of time. My next on I will work straight from the "Square" so I can incorporate a wooden swivel and maybe a few , what I call" Captured rings. A free spin wheel on a shaft. May put a ball in cage but with 1X1 not much working room. I stopped by my wood supplier this AM and he took a picture of the chain and the Spoon I made last night. The chain I let him keep, the spoon to good not to be a "real gift" IE special occasion. I asked about buying some 6/4 or 8/4 , they do not get it often, but he will let me know when he some becomes available. I want to cut out some boot blanks.

Comment

Cool looking chain Tom, would like to see more of them......1x1 you had loads of room... lol

Comment

great job tom
          Gene

Comment

Working...
          X