In Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory

Not sure if this is the right place for a finished carving if not please move.

A friend asked me to make a small plaque for his brothers dog who got run over. I did explain that I would have a go as it would give me some practice and also told him not to expect to mush as I had only done one other plaque with letter carving on.
    Anyway this is how it turned out. Made from Oak approximate size is 12" by 5 1/2" and took two days to complete. No finish as I will leave it up to them

Re: In Memory

If those letters and numbers are Hand Carved, You did and absolutely fantastic job. Well Done
    Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Magicman View Post
      If those letters and numbers are Hand Carved, You did and absolutely fantastic job. Well Done
      Larry
      Thank you for the comment . Yes they are hand carved this is the second letter carving that I have done

Comment

Incredible carving to perfection.
        Thanks for sharing your work.

Comment

Beautiful work! Great gesture!

Comment

ahhhhh,that is a lovely piece of work. Your friend must be thrilled.

Comment

I think you did an outstanding job!

Stave

Comment

Excellent Job, very precise! I think they will be very pleased.
                Chance

Comment

Well done and a very nice gesture!

Comment

Very nice job - and I'm betting it wasn't easy getting those letters and numbers that even in Oak.

Comment

Thank you all for the encouraging comments and appologise for the late reply as I have been away from the computer all over the weekend.

Originally posted by carver33 View Post
                      Very nice job - and I'm betting it wasn't easy getting those letters and numbers that even in Oak.
                      I expected problems being a novice carver but also being aware of the properties of oak have used it in other projects like turning, but fortunately it carved quite easily as I remembered some advice on here about keeping your tools sharp

Comment

Working...
                      X