Cherry Blossom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Blossom

Cheery blossom is one of my favourite subjects to carve so i thought id have a go at carving some from boxwood. I wanted to see how thin i could go without it being too fragile. It looks really weak but because the way box wood is structured its actually pretty robust.
    Its stained with dyes i've been working on making for while but still not happy with it. { never mind i'll get it right soon }Finished the piece with 4 coats of Tung oil.
    Would like to know what you think.....Thanks Rich

Re: Cherry Blossom

Hi Rich, I really like that a lot. It would make a wonderful necklace or maybe a pendant. Great job

Comment

Rich,

I'm not sure if I've ever commented on your carvings before. But I'd like to say at least once that all of your work is absolutely fantastic, and this one is no exception.

Comment

Boy! Rich,I am so glad that you are not bored to the point that you had to duplicate
        your hand and back on target again with your fantastic works of art,as always awsome.
        Oscar

Comment

I think it's simply beautiful. I think your stains are just fine to way you have them. Great work.
          Brandant Robinson
          Woodcarving Blog - www.theoldstump.blogspot.com
          Custom Folding Knives - https://www.therobinsonedge.com/
          Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brandant.robinson.1

Comment

Very pretty Rich. Like all of your work it is very well done.
            Joe

Comment

Another superb carving. I always expect to be amazed when I see one of your carvings and I always am.
              Terry

Comment

Wonderfully done, Rich! That would make a beautiful broach pin.

Al

Comment

Beautiful work again. I need to carve a lovespoon for my daughter's wedding, coming up soon and her favourite flower is cherry blossom. So I had been hesitatingly thinking of including a cherry branch with blossoms carved from a piece of cherry timber. Your work has inspired me to have a try. Good job with the colouring too, a very attractive piece.

Thank you for showing it. Like many others I always keep an eye out for your showings, always a joy to see.

Comment

Ever the great carving from a master carver. You are unparralelled in the world of miniature carvings. It is obviously your jewelery background that gives you the edge where such small pieces are involved, but where or how do you come up with the ideas? All that you do, carving, staining, colouring etc... is just superb and this one is no exception. Well done Rich.

Comment

Wow, that is hard to believe that is made out of wood. Simply beautiful. Ginny

Comment

I must say another masterpiece Rich, and to really see how great your work is, when you put your hand in the picture, its all that more stunning. fred k

Comment

As always your carvings are amazing.

Comment

WOW! That is great!
                            "The artist must possess the courageous soul that dares and defies."
                            kate chopin.

Comment

Working...
                            X