3 not so blind mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 not so blind mice

I haven't post lately and don't really have an excuse, other than eat up with the lazy. LOL!
    Here is a project I was asked to do for a Christmas gift.
    I like to start out, sometimes, with a piece for practice and pattern if its acceptable. So, the one with the cup is my practice piece. Now she wants 3 in different poses, but she wants them to look like the same mouse. The one on the right in the last picture will be standing on a curled paper and writing. The last one for her will be carrying a cross.
    These are 4" tall, and since I don't have a reliable woodburner, I've cut the hair using the carbide ball bit that came with my dremel. Then I painted the mouse with a mix of Asphaltum, grey, and some white. Then I mixed a little grey and brown into some white for the dry brush.
    This is my first critter, but, I'm up to the corrections, critics and other comments.
    TIA,
    Michael

Re: 3 not so blind mice

Like 'em! For a "first critter," I can't imagine doing those, myself. You've got a good paint scheme, right down to pink in the ears. Fur texture works for me.
    The biologist in me has to say that mice have naked tails, voles have furry tails.
    Brian T

Comment

Looks really good so far. Can't wait to see all 3 of them finished. Thanks for sharing. Ginny

Comment

Thanks for the info, RV. I didn't know about the naked tail, but I'll be sure and make the correction. I wasn't real sure about the colors, so I went with what I thought looked right.
        Thanks for the compliment, Ginny. I'll be sure and post pics as soon as I get them done.
        Michael

Comment

Those are just cute as all get out. Terrific job.

Comment

cut up: leave them as Voles. The President will never notice.
            Brian T

Comment

Very very cute! And well made!
              These are going to look so nice when all three are finished :]

Comment

They've got the cute going on! I hope you like carving them, because I'm sure there will be many more requests for them.

Comment

You are probably right, RV, but he won't see them. He seems to not be able to see past the end of his nose, but I digress.
                  Thanks Vegasbanjoplayer, all went well until yesterday when one attempted suicide and jumped off the table and broke his arm.
                  Thank you, Toycarver. They are kinda fun to carve and they already seem to be multiplying but going nowhere, yet. While waiting for #2 to cure, I got a start on #3.
                  Michael

Comment

My first and only mouse looked like a rat. My giraffe for my nephew, is pretty good.

Comment

those are nice thanks for posting
                      Gary

Comment

Very well done. Life-like creatures.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. After a week of interruptions, I was able to get back to the mice. Got started on the last one today. I plan to paint them all at the same time, so the colors will be close, and post the final pics.
                          Michael

Comment

They're very nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X