Bears...Patterns...and School Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears...Patterns...and School Glue

It just so happened that I recently ran out of roughouts for my bears at the same time that I ran out of Elmers Glue. But as luck would have it, the stores were running sales on white glue to get the kids back in school so I was able to pick up my supply for the year for $0.25 to $0.39 a bottle.

I've got my bear patterns (as well as some others) on Autocad so I just print them out and glue them on with the white glue. The paper and glue comes right off as I whittle away and by the time the bear is completed there's no sign of the glue whatsoever.

With a little bit of luck this batch of bears should last me a month or so....

Re: Bears...Patterns...and School Glue

Excellent idea... I never would have thought of that... esp. good idea on getting glue at this time of the year, I imagine computer paper would also be cheap not to mention ink.
    Well done Eddy-Smiles. ~ Dwight
    ~ Dwight
    "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Looks like bear season is about to open in Florida...............:-) Can't wait to see how you dress 'em this year
      Soggy
      If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Great idea, Eddy! Now if I can get my old AutoCad up and runnin' I'll have to keep that in mind.

Al

Comment

Eddy I love your Bears. Ginny

Comment

Eddy,you are always thinking ahead,great idea.
            Oscar

Comment

Dwight... A lot of good deals at the office supply stores but I was mainly interested in the glue which normally goes for three to four times that amount.

Comment

Soggy...Yup! It's open season on bears! Just waitin' for the right inspiration!

Comment

Al.... I almost couldn't get my Autocad to work with this new Windows-7. I had 5 o6 versions of AutoCad in my files and none were compatible. I'm using 2005 and it's still not happy about it. It gives me one of those "not compatible but do you want to run anyway windows?" I'm out of the business now so with the next computer upgrade operating system I imagine I'll lose AutoCad all together. I'm going to miss it. I sure can't afford to replace it.

Comment

Thanks Ginny!

Comment

Oscar... Contrary to what you old Marines think, not all of us swabbies got flotsam and jetsam swilling around between our ears! <GRIN> Thanks my friend!

Comment

Looking forward to you next batch of bears. They are so cute Eddie.

Comment

Thanks Michael.... I've got one in the ways right now as a thank you to an audiologist at the VA and with us hunkered down for a couple of days of inclement weather from Issac I've got some quality whittlin' time in front of me.

Comment

Good ideal. I've like to try that if I the holding paper in my hands like that didn't give me chills.

Comment

good idea....used it on other projects should work well on carvings to...

Comment

Working...
                              X